SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Local rant, Loudoun County (richest county in America) goes completely nuts and local FB group tries to doxx or worse desenters.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local rant, Loudoun County (richest county in America) goes completely nuts and local FB group tries to doxx or worse desenters. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Really long article about calls to action from anti-racists (which doesn't mean what you'd think it means).

Why are we paying BS consultants half a million dollars of my money? I miss the days that equality was the goal, not equity. No one in America is guaranteed equality of outcome, only equality of opportunity. Yet in my county where people of color enjoy the highest levels of success by far out pacing white, black, Asian, Indian, or any other ethnicity in most of the US they are teaching our children this shit and attacking anyone who doesn't bow down to them.

Man I miss not seeing color and treating all of our neighbors with love and respect. I dream of that day where my child is not seen for the color of their skin, but for the content of their character. Please bring back equality for all.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad I don't live there. Sounds more than awful.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Read that article last night. It reeks of conspiracy and one of the board members is a big part of it (Barts).

Also, I just had the convo this week with my 13yo about equality vs. equity and how a meritocracy would be most fair but that until there's equity in educational opportunities, there has to be some adjustment factor. It was under the context of her question to me of "how is that even fair?" when I cautioned her about getting too excited about her two applications to magnet high schools (AoL and TJ) and explained the quota system.

So, the past few years of increasing Critical Race Theory taught in LoCo schools came crashing home for her in a instant and she came to the conclusion we all already know. Proud of her for getting there on her own which avoided another eye-rolling at dad for telling her how life is.

Straight-A student, high performer in math, science and a gifted artist and meets all pre-reqs except she won't check the proper box on demographics. This is where CRT and white guilt have gotten us.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Vindictive leftists, drunk on power their occupation(s) should have never vested to them, amped up by their echo chambers, chasing increasingly elusive endorphins by finding ever more unsettling ways of grinding their axe.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fairness is officially dead in America.
Sorry, I meant equality. Life has never been fair

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another fine example of the rot that infects our educational system from Kindergarten to College.
If I had school age kids these days, I'd bust my ass to try and homeschool them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Great sentence, divil.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Read that article last night. It reeks of conspiracy and one of the board members is a big part of it (Barts).

Also, I just had the convo this week with my 13yo about equality vs. equity and how a meritocracy would be most fair but that until there's equity in educational opportunities, there has to be some adjustment factor. It was under the context of her question to me of "how is that even fair?" when I cautioned her about getting too excited about her two applications to magnet high schools (AoL and TJ) and explained the quota system.

So, the past few years of increasing Critical Race Theory taught in LoCo schools came crashing home for her in a instant and she came to the conclusion we all already know. Proud of her for getting there on her own which avoided another eye-rolling at dad for telling her how life is.

Straight-A student, high performer in math, science and a gifted artist and meets all pre-reqs except she won't check the proper box on demographics. This is where CRT and white guilt have gotten us.

Tell her to identify as a gender fluid Ethiopian interpretive dance unicorn.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel for you. We're going through much of the same here in our small rural MN town (Red Wing, MN). The city council terminated the chief of police because he wouldn't toe their ridiculous line regarding systemic police racism, the city council hired a 'race consultant' and they've discussed reparations. All in a town of 16k. They take input from a transplant from minneapolis who runs a FB group that regularly 'outs' people as racist who did something as simple as have a trump sign in their yard - putting their info on FB - including their places of employment, the names of their children and makes vague suggestions as to what kind of harm they should come to. He's also on the 'Race' board that the city runs and their BS takes up most of every city council meeting.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sreding:
I feel for you. We're going through much of the same here in our small rural MN town (Red Wing, MN). The city council terminated the chief of police because he wouldn't toe their ridiculous line regarding systemic police racism, the city council hired a 'race consultant' and they've discussed reparations. All in a town of 16k. They take input from a transplant from minneapolis who runs a FB group that regularly 'outs' people as racist who did something as simple as have a trump sign in their yard - putting their info on FB - including their places of employment, the names of their children and makes vague suggestions as to what kind of harm they should come to. He's also on the 'Race' board that the city runs and their BS takes up most of every city council meeting.

Glad I don't live in your town. Geez. Sorry you have to deal with that. If the threats become even a shade more than vague, I would report this guy to the State Police.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

The same was true for my kid, but she had two strikes against her.

1. Homeschooled.
2. Caucasian.

I have never regretted homeschooling.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Fakebook, one of the biggest plagues on America in the history of the country. Twattersphere is not far behind.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It just occurred to me that this kind of "woke" activism by privileged white women descending into a moral panic is how the 18th amendment got passed and Prohibition happened.

Of course, very few politicians and most of the general public that supported and voted for the 18th amendment had any actual intention of following it.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post