SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Coyotes eating my apples
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coyotes eating my apples Login/Join 
posted
Ive been checking the game cameras around my acreage the past few weeks and have seen a lot of deer, raccoon, opossum and squirrels around my apple trees. This past week I've only seen coyotes. I have a few night photos of them eating apples off the ground. Took me by surprise when I saw this happening. Has anyone else heard of this? I know they're opportunists, but apples?

Posts: 588 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, HRK!

Posts: 588 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
We have a dog that loves apples. Must be the sugar.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was on the ranch in eastern Colorado, coyotes would eat so many ripe chokecherries that their scat was all seeds.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

We do too. She loves them but hates grapes. Go figure. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Grapes and raisins are toxic in dogs

Linky

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
My resident fox eats choke cherries like crazy. His scat is nothing but seeds, just like the bears who hit the trees.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
One day my wife and I were eating lunch. Looked out the patio door and there was a coyote digging apples out of the snow and eating them. He was good enough to be so occupied doing that it gave me time to grab a gun and bag my first coyote.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree with guy above. I was always taught grapes were bad for dogs. Of course my Corgi eats everything that is at eye level. Which for a Corgi is everything.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
My sister's dog was eating downed peaches in the back yard when let out to do her business. My sister finally figured out the weight gain and the peach pits....

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Grapes and raisins are toxic in dogs

Linky

Thanks for the info. I never knew this.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

My wife cuts up an apple for breakfast every morning and a couple of slices go to our dogs. They love them.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
My resident fox eats choke cherries like crazy. His scat is nothing but seeds, just like the bears who hit the trees.

The fox crap at my cabin is full of seeds all summer. The only berries up there are junipers. Are they really living on juniper berries?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I used to have a dog that would go pick an apple herself to bring and play fetch with.

Another that would clean me out of ripened tomatoes on the vine if I wasn’t watching.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
In Western NY I gave up having bird feeders and the seed cluster hangers. The bears would rip them down and eat 'em like ice cream cones.
They always smashed the bird feeders beyond repair.
My neighbor was awoken one winter morning by crashing and banging on his back deck and thought it was a home invasion. When he looked out the window a young black bear was trying to rip off (and did) his deck-mounted big bird feeder.
We had coyotes around there but they never did any damage to us.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Coyotes eating my apples

Dingos eating my babies.

Damn, 2020.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Our dog loves apples. He also pulls the occasional green bean of a plant and eats it.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post