Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Afrin Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I always keep a fresh bottle in my flight bag in the event of a sinus block. I've used them once or twice; it can be a real lifesaver.

I've never known anyone personally who had an "addiction" to afrin. A couple of squirts if needed, done. Usually once the bottle has been opened and used, I'll chuck it and get a sealed one to put back in the bag.

I've been to the ER three times over the years for imploded sinus during a descent from altitude. It's almost debilitatingly painful; afrin is cheap insurance to keep in the bag.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a wonderful product but I'm addicted to it if I use it more than a day or two. I use Flonase, which after three days, seems to work well. If I over use Afrin and develop "Rebound" I continue to use Afrin in one nostril (so I can breathe) while using Flonase in the other. Once the Flonase gets power to the ground I use it in the Afri-canized nostril for three days. At that point I can breathe clearly through both nostrils and I'm able to sleep well at night.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Well, if you don't want to use Afrin, I figured out a way to clear out your sinuses for probably the next two weeks.

Grind up your yearly harvest of cayenne peppers.

HOLY SHITE!

I don't remember it being nearly this bad last year, but I did get a new spice grinder since so that probably created some more powdery powder.

Damn! I feel like I just walked out of the boot camp gas chamber. Eek

Tasty stuff though! Big Grin

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M'headSig:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Well, if you don't want to use Afrin, I figured out a way to clear out your sinuses for probably the next two weeks.

Grind up your yearly harvest of cayenne peppers.

HOLY SHITE!

I don't remember it being nearly this bad last year, but I did get a new spice grinder since so that probably created some more powdery powder.

Damn! I feel like I just walked out of the boot camp gas chamber. Eek

Tasty stuff though! Big Grin

Akin to this, I've had great luck with Sinus Buster hot pepper spray. It's been reformulated as Sinus Plumber. It's cheap, OTC and works well for me.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost anyone in a military flight suit has a bottle in his arm pocket...

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It’s an effective product. I too take the “no more than 3 days” advisory seriously. Several years ago I saw a doctor about sinus congestion. I had been using Afrin for 5 or 6 days. He all but poked me in the chest about not following directions. I listened

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post