SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS hasn't delivered or picked up my mail...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS hasn't delivered or picked up my mail... Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
Mad

AGAIN! I had a talk with my postmaster last time and she assured me it would be taken care of.
Yet here we are.

No pick up or delivery since Wednesday. And I get the Delivery Digest sent to my e-mail.
Also I've had a letter in my box with the flag up since Wednesday.

Idiots. They have IDIOTS working for the USPS.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Had them miss me as well. The new thing here is they show up after dark, 8pm, 9pm, etc. The Postal service is a joke.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I doubt your mailman is an idiot.

I'll wager that person is, well, let's just say it politely, is a jackass.

You might start referring to him (assuming a guy), as Richard Noggin.

You know. Dick Head.

My mailman sucks. It's well documented. But nothing can be done because of the union.

My mailmans name is also Richard Noggin.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Are your neighbors having the same problem.

Perhaps trying a PO Box and have the Postmaster pick up the cost?

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Richard Noggin apparently runs my route also!

I never, EVER mail anything from my box because I want it to actually GET to where it’s supposed to go, but the amount of incoming mail I receive that is addressed to neighbors both close and not so close is appalling!

Makes me wonder how much of MY important mail is dropped in my neighbors’ box, never to be seen by me!!! Mad

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Could it be that "Atop the Cockatoo Tree" is not a deliverable address?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2838 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am wondering if you have ever dealt with the USPS? I believe Cockatoo lives quite a distance from the Post Office as well.

I have had a PO box for 45 years. The mail is put in the box when the clerks at the front desk have time. It used to be 730am. When I complained that it was not put in the box by that time, they changed the sign to a later time. The sign now says 1130am. Mail is generally there by 5pm.

BTW try and see your Postmaster. He or She is behind locked doors and an appointment is required. Expect a bureaucrat.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am wondering if you have ever dealt with the USPS? I believe Cockatoo lives quite a distance from the Post Office as well.

I have had a PO box for 45 years. The mail is put in the box when the clerks at the front desk have time. It used to be 730am. When I complained that it was not put in the box by that time, they changed the sign to a later time. The sign now says 1130am. Mail is generally there by 5pm.

BTW try and see your Postmaster. He or She is behind locked doors and an appointment is required. Expect a bureaucrat.

Well that figures and I guess I'm applying common sense answers to a situation for which common sense does not apply.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I got everything in one big lump Saturday night.
I'm awaiting an answer for their "investigation".

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'll take "We'll look into it." for $1000 Alex.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
We had a similar problem a few years back. If the guy got it in the right Zip Code he was happy.

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a female delivering my mail. She smoked and threw her filtered Cig butts out a my box everyday. After a year there gets to be a hell of a lot of them out there. I think after about 4 years of her, she is on a different route. Now, I get some once in a while out there.

Over the years. I have gotten a lot of mail for people within 4 miles of me. Wonder how much of my mail they have gotten and not returned..

I feel your pain.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I must've gotten a new person for this area.

Mail suddenly not being picked up from the box,( with the flag raised, ) while more mail is jammed in on top of the outgoing mail. Roll Eyes

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
This was not Amazon Primes issue, but, item was sent via USPS on 1/30 from out of state. Arrived in St. Louis's branch in Hazelwood on 1/31. Some "re-arrived" at the same place on 2/1. Then acknowledged it was lost on 2/4.

It should have arrive on 2/1. Argh!

Shaman
posted Hide Post
Here's my reply to my complaint...

"Thanks for your patience the new carriers are getting more familiar with the route. You should see improved delivery.

Sincerely,

Andrea Phillips
Postmaster"

My mailbox is on the side of a MAIN ROAD.
These people are holding my mail until they have a gob to deliver.

The Constable
posted Hide Post
Went in today and mailed three small packages, $30.40 !!

Two were light, the 3rd was 2 pounds maybe. Highway robbery. And they still lose money every year!

At least we have a good delivery person.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
SC,

I'm going to assume you have a rural carrier. I'm not too familiar with rural carriers, as I have always been a city carrier. Rural carriers may or may not be in uniform, and may or may not drive a marked USPS vehicle.

City carriers get paid hourly, and we are closely monitored at all times. They know exactly where we are every time of the day, what time we should leave the office, what time we should be back, and what time we should be at certain houses. I actually like that, because if I have ANY issues, I can mention they know exactly where I am. We are so "watched" that our time clock is in 100/th's of an hour, instead of minutes.

Rural carriers are different, they are salary. They show up, do their route, and go home. I'm not implying this, but if a rural carrier decides to skip a house, that can save some time, and they do this a few times through out the day, they just shortened their day. You mentioned you got a "big lump" of mail on one day, so that kind of makes sense. Again, I don't know if you have a rural carrier, but I know you live in the mountains...

If you go on the USPS website, you can schedule a "pick up". Usually it's for packages, but it generates a request within the USPS. The carrier will get the request, they must comply with the request, scan the request, and then turn it in at the end of the day so management can clear it out. It's technically for packages, but there is a box that states "package not found", etc. Either way, the carrier will have to show up to your mailbox, and then explain why they couldn't find the package. I imagine if you did that a few times, the carrier will realize they need to go by your house daily. I have a customer who ships thing almost daily, and even if I don't get the "carrier pick up", I still stop at her house every day. Sometimes she has 2lbs of packages, sometime 100lbs.

Good luck, not all carriers are idiots. Most I know work their asses off.

https://tools.usps.com/go/Sche...pAction!input.action

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Light a fire under their ass.

https://www.uspsoig.gov

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
Light a fire under their ass.

https://www.uspsoig.gov

Yup, talking with a Post Master may help, but sometimes you have to go above them.

You can also get the "informed delivery", and have proof that even though something was supposed to be delivered on a certain day, it wasn't. First and Second class mail has to be delivered, we are able to curtail other mail as needed. Unless it's a legit and documented safety issue, there shouldn't be a reason why your mail isn't being delivered daily.

Are your neighbors receiving mail daily?

As far as the Amazon Prime updates, you can't really go by what they say. There is a huge mixup in the translation of what is scanned through USPS, and what is shown in Amazon updates. I know when something is scanned delivered, and "left in mailbox", Amazon sends a notice stating "package delivered to recipient". Then the phone calls start from irate customers saying they are at work, and their package was misdelivered, even though the package is sitting in their mailbox.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post