SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS hasn't delivered or picked up my mail...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS hasn't delivered or picked up my mail... Login/Join 
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Put some outgoing mail in the box. Ended up in the box next door.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4642 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A recent article blamed the polar vortex for delayed mail in the Chicago area. It made me think of an avenue of complaint that may have some effect. Apparently enough consitutents in the Chicago area contacted their Congressman who then spoke with the United States Postmaster.

I would suggest this as the next step if there is not a marked improvement. Apparently bureaucrats do respond to their Congressman. At least it seems so.

Posts: 4276 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’d sure be nice to have a good paying, secure job, with guaranteed benefits, & no chance of getting fired, no matter how inept or lazy you are.

Until we can fire the USPS, there will be no changes.

Posts: 1511 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mail carrier at the office apologized today. She had a ton of mail for me including mail order medications that showed Delivery attempted on Friday. She asked what time I closed on Friday as she suspected the sub carrier just skipped the complex. She said she would have a talk with him. I am sure it had something to do with making her job harder when you have a ton of mail to deliver on Monday.

Posts: 4276 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
My wife's office is in the front of the house. She watched the mailman put the mail in our mailbox.

Later when she went to pick up the mail there was a "Could not deliver, First attempt" slip in there.

She went to the post office the next day and spoke to the Postmaster.

PM: Were you in the basement when he made the attempt? Roll Eyes

Wife: No, as I just told you I was sitting at my desk and watched him put the mail in the box.

The funny thing is that our carrier is usually very good.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 5567 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post