SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    At least she cleared up that slavery issue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At least she cleared up that slavery issue Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Just so ya know, outside of CA, or maybe just northern CA, no one know who the heck Cesar Chavez is anymore.

Played The Joker on Batman, right?

I had lunch with him once. Or at the table next to him, at a restaurant. Even at an older age, Cesar Romero was a handsome fellow.

I wouldn't have recognized Cesar Chavez.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure Cesar Chavez is the guy who does yard work...

Posts: 13086 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Ah, so it it was MLK who freed the slaves. Good to know.

(1860s... 1960s... Same difference, right?)

Yeah...that's about what I was going to respond with. Good to know...you're absolutely right!! Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
Wouldn't you just love to sit in some classrooms to see what they are teaching these kids today?

I would, but I would be afraid my head would explode

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I weep for the future

Isn't that the line used by the gay waiter in Ferris Buehler's day off?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why yes. Yes it is!! Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Ah, so it it was MLK who freed the slaves. Good to know.

(1860s... 1960s... Same difference, right?)

That would be the second time a Republican freed the slaves! Wink

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching Mark Dice videos is equally difficult (and astounding and hilarious too). He lines them up and knocks then down. Even on college campus he gets idiots.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

I thought he was the guy who talked to dogs...

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

I thought he was the guy who talked to dogs...

Can't he do both?

Why hold him down? Big Grin

Posts: 13086 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jack32586:
Cesar Chavez Day is a big deal in my town. Being a college town, its a huge party day.
The news interviewed a pretty 21ish white girl on the street, and this is what she said;
"I think they give us Cesar Chavez Day because they don't give us Presidents Day. Because Cesar Chavez did all that for the immigrants rights, I equate him to Martin Luther King and what he did for slavery, but Chavez did that for Mexican Americans."

Well,she cleared that right up. Also fuck the news for airing that nitwit.

Mom and dad must be proud.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love divulging to lib folks ranting on the republicans that the Republican Party was formed for the sole purpose of ending slavery. They almost always exhibit disbelief that such a thing is true.

Too funny.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
I love divulging to lib folks ranting on the republicans that the Republican Party was formed for the sole purpose of ending slavery. They almost always exhibit disbelief that such a thing is true.

Too funny.

Do you also tell them the Klan was founded by Democrats?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
I equate him to Martin Luther King and what he did for slavery ....

Ah, yes, I remember it well: MLK and Harriet Tubman jumping from ice floe to ice floe across the Alabama River at Selma with Sheriff Clark and the troopers’ dogs snapping at their heels. And of course Mr. King wrote the Emancipation Proclamation for Lincoln who was just an old white Republican male who would have never done something like that on his own.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think she meant Hugo Chavez

Posts: 1741 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post