SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Job burnout
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Job burnout Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then I got pissed off and tense for the rest of the day, to know how powerless the system is to fix it.

You might want to talk with a psychologist about what you want to do with your life. Some brief consultation might give you some direction, particularly if you wish to be self employed.

I have been self employed for several decades and like what I do. I make a difference in the lives of people and that is what matters to me. You are beyond burned out. The next step is often a health crisis for you. I would bet that your health insurance would cover a psychologist. If not most companies have employee assistance programs that are confidential and can give you some assistance. Keep us updated.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your replies. I've been doing some online searching for jobs. I also went to the range for the first time in months. My co worker from my old office kept asking me to take him so I said fine. I was avoiding it due to being so tired from work and wanting to laze about.

I had a lot of fun at the range and felt so relaxed. Took a couple of lever guns (357 and 44 mag) and just had a lot of fun.

I've also gone out for dinner more, left the house with my girlfriend more, taken my car for more aimless drives.

I also have my home rowing machine that I have been utilizing a lot more.

I've been avoiding dealing with friends and family because I feel so stressed and want to be alone. Tonight I'm meeting a buddy for a beer and a burger to get out of the house.

Little steps. Deep down I know that I need to leave the field. I don't need to know about all the horrible shit people do day in and out, and know they'll [99%] never change.

One of the biggest stressors too is the fact that if something goes sideways, you wear it. I was told early on not to count on management having your back, and the lowest man on the totem pole gets the blame.

Posts: 1179 | Registered: June 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post