SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Apparently this biker dude wants to die...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently this biker dude wants to die... Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
I braked and eased over.
Yesterday it was a service van.
I used to see bikers all the time up here but they're not common here lately.
But when I see them, they generally don't obey traffic laws.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/TwmuhSZwBYQ

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The double yellow made the move illegal. That said, my bike enables me to pass slower traffic far quicker than a car can. Like really quick. And less time out in the other lane is good thing.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I’m all for stupid bikers, aka organ donors. I mean someone has to give up their liver, kidney’s, lungs, heart, and eyes. There are people in need, after all.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Given the acceleration and braking performance of sport bikes, no problem at all with that pass (other than the traffic violation).

With about 250-300K miles on motorcycles I have passed on a double yellow more than a few times. Lived to tell about it and never collected a ticket for it, nor donated an organ.

Understand no passing areas are determined based on car/truck performance and what may be unsafe in a car is not necessarily so on a motorcycle.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
but still illegal and stupid

Posts: 339 | Location: Lower Alabama | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Given the acceleration and braking performance of sport bikes, no problem at all with that pass (other than the traffic violation).

With about 250-300K miles on motorcycles I have passed on a double yellow more than a few times. Lived to tell about it and never collected a ticket for it, nor donated an organ.

Understand no passing areas are determined based on car/truck performance and what may be unsafe in a car is not necessarily so on a motorcycle.

How about if the guy in the opposing lane just floored it and did not move over? It has happened.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

How about if the guy in the opposing lane just floored it and did not move over? It has happened.

Given most modern medium-to-large displacement motorcycle performance, and assuming the guy isn't driving a Vette or such-like...no contest. Not even close.

I've been watching this thread and resisting the urge to comment. I usually ride in a pretty conservative, non-hooligan manner. But, given the nature of roads around here (limited opportunities to pass 'legally') and the plethora of gawping tourists, I do occasionally pass in situations like that.

In 3rd or 4th gear and sport mode, my FJ will do 35 to 85 in less time that it took to type this sentence. I can be around Ma and Pa Kettle and back in my lane VERY quickly.

I try to restrain myself and avoid creating/perpetuating a negative image of motorcycles, but patience is NOT one of my virtues...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
See, some people just think the laws don't apply to them at all.
Here's another idiot from 2016.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
A squid, this idiot passed me. And clipped the truck and went over the side of the mountain.
He actually survived. His backpack is still on the side of the cliff.

The mountains were filled with ambulance sires Saturday.
I'm willing to wager it was the result of people who won't obey the traffic laws.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Given most modern medium-to-large displacement motorcycle performance, and assuming the guy isn't driving a Vette or such-like...no contest. Not even close.

Been a while since I have ridden a bike. I do remember how fast they were compared to a car. Try and be more patient.LOL

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In our ER we refer to motorcycles as "donor cycles".....

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

True but traffic laws apply to all vehicles.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

organ donors

quote:

"donor cycles"

Oh, goodness, here we go...

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by suthrncop66:
but still illegal and stupid

I count only ~1 to 1.5 seconds of time to spare after getting completely back in his lane. That would have scared some drivers into initiating emergency maneuvers to avoid him... possibly with disastrous results.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I don't even move anymore.

All it takes is their mirror to strike mine and some worthy child hits the organ donor jackpot.

I see it as a service to society.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

All it takes is their mirror to strike mine and some worthy child hits the organ donor jackpot.

You don't really mean that.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

organ donors

quote:

"donor cycles"

Oh yes. I’ll counter that I break the law every time I ride. I pass people at will, especially the lane Nazi’s. But I’ve put in the track time and schooling. I also don’t ride in cities, only out in the country, only on weekends and only when traffic is next to nothing. Limits availability but is what it is. The fun days are passing people who are going under the speed limit, who then try to retaliate. I downshift, wave goodbye, and will put a knee down if necessary. I can’t count how many birds I’ve received or how many times I’ve looked in the mirror to see someone violently moving around in their seat. Meanwhile I didn’t cut them off, impede them in any way, never got close to their vehicle, nothing. It’s the same types who park it in the fast lane on the highway and set cruise at 60 mph. Then get pissed when someone goes around them. I pass safely, every time. If someone has an issue with it they can call the police.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

You don't really mean that.

Let's hope not.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

organ donors

quote:

"donor cycles"

Oh yes. I’ll counter that I break the law every time I ride. I pass people at will, especially the lane Nazi’s. But I’ve put in the track time and schooling. I also don’t ride in cities, only out in the country, only on weekends and only when traffic is next to nothing. Limits availability but is what it is. The fun days are passing people who are going under the speed limit, who then try to retaliate. I downshift, wave goodbye, and will put a knee down if necessary. I can’t count how many birds I’ve received or how many times I’ve looked in the mirror to see someone violently moving around in their seat. Meanwhile I didn’t cut them off, impede them in any way, never got close to their vehicle, nothing. It’s the same types who park it in the fast lane on the highway and set cruise at 60 mph. Then get pissed when someone goes around them. I pass safely, every time. If someone has an issue with it they can call the police.

While dickheaded riding like that and you kill or hurt yourself is your choice, don't care. But that kind of jackass attitude and behavior causes injury, death, and/or damage to others due to your riding like that is the true tragedy. Scraped up too many dead and severely injured people that were the cause of such depraved disregard for others.

Posts: 465 | Location: Pell City, AL. U.S. | Registered: December 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Out riding up north with my friend last weekend three idiots on sportbikes came roaring down the highway we were one passing vehicles on both sides. Allo it would have taken is one car to change lanes and all of them were history. would not have shed a tear.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post