SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A friend passed away
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A friend passed away Login/Join 
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted
My friend Jon Storm passed away due to complications from pneumonia from the flu. He was 58.

I really can't believe it. We played tennis against one another recently. He was always fit and enjoyed life tremendously. Jon's kids, college age and a freshman in HS, are hanging in there. His wife is devastated.

He was a dedicated family man, an active Guardian Ad Litem for several children, very successful accountant, and someone who was always fun to be around. His enthusiasm for life was infectious.

God Bless you and keep you my friend.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss.

None of us are guaranteed tomorrow, life is fleeting. Good for us to take these times and let folks know how we feel about them.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
My heartfelt condolences to you and your friend’s family.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear about your friend. And to pass away at age 58, which is darn close to me, from what started out as a simple flu.

How devastating. Prayers said and sent.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
deepest sympathy to you and his family

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Condolences to you and yours!

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that, friend. Way too young. RIP

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss.

That is much too young.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
My condolences. I just lost a close friend too, 61, heart attack. He was retired EMS/Firefighter (Long Beach Fire Dept). I was notified by my friend, who is a real estate agent, and I hooked both of them up to get his house here. He had only lived here 6 months.

Having lost my best friend in 2008. It will be hard, and time may ease the pain, but you will not forget. Not a week goes by that I don’t think about him. Just take it slow, one day at a time. And remember him. God be with you and his family.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. It's tough when we lose our friends and seems to be so senseless when they just drop. No opportunity to tell them we love them or even to say good bye.

On a trapshooting squad, there are five people. My wife and I make up two and three friends often filled the other three spots. Over the summer, all three suddenly died.

Quite a shock for us, no chance to see them before they stepped off into eternity. Been real hard for us to get back into shooting trap.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post