SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Incompetence at Advent Health Lab
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Incompetence at Advent Health Lab Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
As far as mixing up samples, it's possible, but I did verify that the vials were labeled properly before I left, and the numbers that I saw on the tests that were performed, are in line with previous results.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now that is smart and being aware. I doubt that Medicare would question that second drawing of blood. Let me know. Each time you should check that the proper tests are ordered.
The proper tests were ordered. The lab just did not do all of the tests that were on the order.

The doc's office issued a new lab order for the missing tests.

When I went the second time after fasting again, and blocking out time on my schedule that could have been used for income-producing clients (I'm sure that you know how that goes), I brought two lab orders with me. One for the "make-up" work that had been missed the first time, plus a copy of the first lab order on which I had taken a highlight marker and highlighted the tests that had been missed.

I asked to speak with the lab manager (just call me "Karen") who of course was not in at the time, so I asked for whoever was the HMFIC at the time. I presented the first order, and asked "Is there any particular reason that somebody in your organization chose not to perform these tests?" If she had two working brain cells to rub together, she knew that I was royally pissed. I then realized, "Oops, I have just aggravated the woman who is going to stick a needle into my arm in a couple of minutes."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is like Paul Harvey. And now the rest of the story........

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last blood draw was performed by a girl I thought was about 16 years old. Our age gap widened considerably when she failed to tap my vein no less than 3 times. Fourth poke was the winner.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Nurses like to inflict pain. I know because I married one. I also hate needles, especially ones destined to be stuck in me.

I've settled on just giving up, sort of. She only gets one shot at doing whatever. I don't like pain, particularly my pain. No test she's going to perform on me is that important. If she misses the first time, she's the one waiting until the next cycle. You've just got to be hard headed about it and not meekly give in. Remember, its your pain. She can stick or stick at you all day and not feel a thing. Its good to start out by asking her "are you going to hurt me?"

I know young trainee's need to learn how. Just not on me. And having endured years of this shit, I've learned some vampires are significantly better than others. While most (except my wife) don't really like to cause pain, you do have a say in the matter. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would let a person stick them multiple times. Maybe we should just refer to the stick as a dry hole.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best phlebotomists work in Oncology offices. They do upwards of 90 sticks per day on fragile sick people.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel really lucky I have never had a needle stick hurt in my 64 years, but then again my wife insists that my body doesn't register pain normally, and I have to concur!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post