SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shipping!!! USPS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping!!! USPS Login/Join 
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Brownell's use to be my preferred provider. One year I was in the program whey you pay ahead an all shipment's are free. It was a constant problem. Now I avoid Brownell's if at all possible. Which is sad, they do have good stuff.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Whenever I get the "in transit" message and the item is from Amazon, and is already delayed well beyond the promised arrival time, I just cancel it at Amazon for a refund, and re-place the order. Usually get it the next day.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Whenever I get the "in transit" message and the item is from Amazon, and is already delayed well beyond the promised arrival time, I just cancel it at Amazon for a refund, and re-place the order. Usually get it the next day.

IME, Amazon won't cancel an order that's been shipped.

I just had USPS send an item that had been scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, July 3, from a few towns away to Pennsylvania. It's now scheduled to be delivered on the 10th

Never mind sending it in the wrong direction: But how can something take ten days to here from a mere two states away?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I just had USPS send an item that had been scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, July 3, from a few towns away to Pennsylvania. It's now scheduled to be delivered on the 10th

Never mind sending it in the wrong direction: But how can something take ten days to here from a mere two states away?

I had a similar experience with USPS, around that same time.

I had some fresh (hot) peppers sent 2-3 day priority, from mid-FL, to my address approx. 20 miles outside of Charleston, SC.

It took 8 days to arrive, and according to the 4 "expect delivery today" updates I received, they sat in Charleston for 4 days!

They arrived in good shape despite the heat, but I was still pissed because I had planned my afternoons around the delivery.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
Sent in federal tax forms via USPS in April and never heard back...Still waiting on 2019 refund.
Bryan - Just FYI; I mailed in mine, too, and it took 21 weeks to get my refund.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It’s here!!'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took 18 days but what eves...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

In most cases, you are correct. The use case I talked about was "delayed/lost". They even said they couldn't re-order it for me. I cancelled it (cancellation offered by Amazon), and I accepted that for a refund. I went right back to the same order page, where they were showing next day delivery. I reordered and had it the next day. I guess the original order was a victim of USPS purgatory ("in transit to next location", IOW, we don't know where it is).

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Our of three things I sent USPS this week, two are late. They ended up in the wrong states.

Four things coming to me USPS are late this week. One shipment was coming to me from a 45 minute drive away. It was supposed to be here in two days. It's now day 5 and still lost in transit somewhere. I should've just borrowed a car to go pick up the car parts I need to fix my car.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My packages from Leesburg that usually take 2 days are now taking 7.

They bounce the package to Tallahassee then to Jacksonville, then to Atlanta.

Union incompetence.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It's happening again, the package from a store 45 minutes away arrived on day 8 after spending time in two states. Another one went past my house twice now bumping between post office distribution centers! They delivered the package that my son's glasses were in (it was open and empty so they delivered an empty package) and the local place won't respond to my missing mail inquiries.

but DHL has been kicking it! Some stuff I ordered from Japan and Canada have been getting here in 3-4 days!

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a replacement tractor key from a Pennsylvania seller on ebay. Company shipped out on July, 17th, which was the day after I ordered it. Tracking was from PA to Columbus, OH, then to Kansas City, KS. I live about an hour and a half north of the KCMO metro area. Then it was in KCK for 8 days "in transit" For some reason it was then sent to Maryland for 3 days again "in transit". Next it went to Springfield, MO back to Kansas City, KS, then on to Chillicothe, MO. Finally delivered on Aug, 18th.

What should've taken a week at most turned into a month for a 4x6 padded envelope.

Posts: 588 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
sigh.

ok the sling was supposed to get to me two weeks ago but the company sent me fishing lure instead. which arrived on time. so they're resending me the sling and it's only a few days late. it keeps going to the wrong place. it might show up tomorrow.

Confused

October 4, 2020, 8:56 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
BROADVIEW HEIGHTS, OH 44147
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in BROADVIEW HEIGHTS, OH 44147 on October 4, 2020 at 8:56 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
October 4, 2020, 7:53 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
WESTLAKE, OH 44145
October 4, 2020, 7:20 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER
October 3, 2020, 7:06 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER
October 2, 2020, 10:22 pm
Departed USPS Facility
AURORA, IL 60502
October 2, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
October 1, 2020, 7:08 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SIOUX FALLS SD DISTRIBUTION CENTER
September 30, 2020, 11:24 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
AURORA, IL 60502
September 30, 2020, 9:29 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
OAK CREEK WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
September 30, 2020, 1:31 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
OAK CREEK WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
September 30, 2020, 12:13 pm
Departed Post Office
OCONOMOWOC, WI 53066
September 29, 2020, 5:29 pm
USPS in possession of item
OCONOMOWOC, WI 53066
September 28, 2020, 10:03 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
OCONOMOWOC, WI 53066

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
I ordered a used part for my Honda mower early last week that is backordered EVERYWHERE new. Tracking showed a delivery estimate of yesterday or tomorrow.

It shipped on the 28th from 86 miles straight north of me.

On the 29th it made it within 5 miles of my house to a sorting facility. Then it went 210 miles to the southeast and is now 2,200 miles west of that. No tracking updates since Friday.

Really would like to cut my lawn again before I need a machete.......

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is only going to get worse through the end of the year. All major carriers are way over capacity (not 105-110% think 150%+) holiday shipping is going to be an absolute shitshow nightmare this year. Order gifts early and ship earlier than normal.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
My wife and I sent a Birthday card to our son in Seattle two weeks ago from Phoenix. He still hasn't gotten it.

Should have sent it with tracking, so we would know where it is stuck.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^ I think that's right. I may be wrong but it's my understanding that the airlines have always hauled a lot of mail in the belly of the airline planes, and now with a huge number of planes parked, pilots and flight crews and other essential airline employees furloughed, it will get worse to really bad.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

To their credit, they don't *always* get it wrong. Last week I shipped an item I sold here on the Classifieds. I created the label on Sunday night (Click 'N Ship, with carrier pickup). It was picked up as scheduled on Monday during her regular route, scanned in as she put it in her truck, tracked all the way with correct and up to date information to its destination in MN, where it was delivered on Friday. Priority Mail said 3 day shipping, but it took 4 days. Still a good job, though.

When in doubt, mumble

posted Hide Post
I shipped a box a few weeks ago, coast to coast. UPS wanted 160. The post office did it for 60. I turned around and shipped it back again, using fedex home delivery, for thirty. One week in transit.

Same thing for a couple of packages on Friday. Started at 160, finally sent by fedex for under twenty bucks, ground. Still gets there by Wednesday.

On ebay, I found a model of an airplane I used to fly; unique because it's from the same operator, same colors and markings, and the operator doesn't exist any more. Just one scratch, in the sellers pictures. I bought it. The seller is located on the other side of town. While driving across town might have been a thing, me being gone from home, and my schedule, said 'let them ship it,' which they did. How long to cross town?

Two weeks. It went to neighboring states. When it did arrive and I made it home, the box was intact, no damage apparent. The model inside, however, despite a lot of effort taken to package, had parts broken off, bent, smashed. Looked like it got dropped from cruise flight by a european coconut laden swallow, then run over by a herd of angry llamas with daddy issues. And yet the packaging looked untouched, and was heavy duty. Did they hire someone to shake it all day with the sole instruction to "just shake the hell out of this thing for the next 32 hours and see how much damage you can do, okay? Water break at noon, and no sitting on the job." What the hell?

I just received a travel luggage cart. It came bent. Ordered a replacement. That came bent. I've been waiting three weeks for a uniform shirt. Seriously. Three weeks. The company is one state away. Closer than whats-her-name seeing russia from her front porch. I have a tracking number. Near as I can tell, the package has been sent on a near-sun orbit and can be expected some time in the next geological age, if the solar winds blow just right and there's an "R" in the month. I hate "R." Why?

I was at training recently and got a great deal on a largish model of the airplane I'm assigned, so bought it. Just mail it home, the guy said. Boxed, foam, it should survive. Uh-huh. It will wind up on the hut mantle of some guy in Irian Jaya who gets it by mistake, while I get his package of beetle nut and lye. I think not. I carried it aboard, and got weird, suspicious looks from the crew as I wrestled it down the aisles and into an overhead bin (where the captain of the flight, hidden behind a can't-bust-it-down-with-a-bulldozer-door thought "let's see if we can shake the hell out of that thing on the four hour flight home..." and did).

Next time I ship, I'm using some kid on a ten-speed and slipping him an extra twenty to step on it, plus free cheeseburgers enroute. At least in the mailbox I get a daily mountain of political junk mail that never seems to stop or be late. So there's that.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Garandy:
I ordered a used part for my Honda mower early last week that is backordered EVERYWHERE new. Tracking showed a delivery estimate of yesterday or tomorrow.

It shipped on the 28th from 86 miles straight north of me.

On the 29th it made it within 5 miles of my house to a sorting facility. Then it went 210 miles to the southeast and is now 2,200 miles west of that. No tracking updates since Friday.

Really would like to cut my lawn again before I need a machete.......

Miracle of miracles, it showed up today which is technically on time.

A pleasant surprise!

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Ordered a filter cover for my truck 3 months ago. Didn't come in for a month so I reordered it. Got it in 2 days! Still waiting for the original.

Paid for 2 day shipping on an item tuesday. Post office states will be delivered by next monday? How is that 2 days?

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post