SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shipping!!! USPS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping!!! USPS Login/Join 
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Brownell's use to be my preferred provider. One year I was in the program whey you pay ahead an all shipment's are free. It was a constant problem. Now I avoid Brownell's if at all possible. Which is sad, they do have good stuff.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4476 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Whenever I get the "in transit" message and the item is from Amazon, and is already delayed well beyond the promised arrival time, I just cancel it at Amazon for a refund, and re-place the order. Usually get it the next day.

all your sig are belong to us

Posts: 9494 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Whenever I get the "in transit" message and the item is from Amazon, and is already delayed well beyond the promised arrival time, I just cancel it at Amazon for a refund, and re-place the order. Usually get it the next day.

IME, Amazon won't cancel an order that's been shipped.

I just had USPS send an item that had been scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, July 3, from a few towns away to Pennsylvania. It's now scheduled to be delivered on the 10th

Never mind sending it in the wrong direction: But how can something take ten days to here from a mere two states away?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
"The dominant media is no more ``mainstream`` than leftists are liberals." -- me

Posts: 18474 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I just had USPS send an item that had been scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, July 3, from a few towns away to Pennsylvania. It's now scheduled to be delivered on the 10th

Never mind sending it in the wrong direction: But how can something take ten days to here from a mere two states away?

I had a similar experience with USPS, around that same time.

I had some fresh (hot) peppers sent 2-3 day priority, from mid-FL, to my address approx. 20 miles outside of Charleston, SC.

It took 8 days to arrive, and according to the 4 "expect delivery today" updates I received, they sat in Charleston for 4 days!

They arrived in good shape despite the heat, but I was still pissed because I had planned my afternoons around the delivery.

Posts: 605 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
Sent in federal tax forms via USPS in April and never heard back...Still waiting on 2019 refund.
Bryan - Just FYI; I mailed in mine, too, and it took 21 weeks to get my refund.

NRA Range Safety Officer

The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.
-- Robert Frost

Posts: 7723 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It’s here!!'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took 18 days but what eves...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Posts: 7364 | Location: Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

In most cases, you are correct. The use case I talked about was "delayed/lost". They even said they couldn't re-order it for me. I cancelled it (cancellation offered by Amazon), and I accepted that for a refund. I went right back to the same order page, where they were showing next day delivery. I reordered and had it the next day. I guess the original order was a victim of USPS purgatory ("in transit to next location", IOW, we don't know where it is).

all your sig are belong to us

Posts: 9494 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post