SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shipping!!! USPS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping!!! USPS Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
I ordered a shotgun follower from Brownells on the 14th...now Brownells did their part and kept me updated on the shipping. It was supposed to be here last Friday or Saturday at the latest.

I got online and tracked it thru the number and guess where it got hung up at...

Portland.

How is my little part lost at the airport in Portland? The usps tracking shows it there, then departing...

“In transit”

So I had a electronic chat with Brownells yesterday and she said that it was still within the delivery “window” and if it doesn’t sho up on Friday to call them back.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wait until they lose it and coincidently, your tracking number was just used three or four months ago.

UPS did this to me with some choke tubes from Midway.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Recently, I had a package in St.Louis that kept repeating the same tracking messages as yours before finally arriving. The USPS clerk here told me it was due to limited flights (and consequently less package space) on the planes leaving STL. Sounds about right, but is definitely a PITA.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I'm currently waiting on a package that has been hung up in the Seattle Distribution Center for going on 10 days. It appears that place is a black hole for mail right now.

The Post Office usually does a great job, but this one seems like a mess. I hope I actually get it, the status has been sitting at in transit to next facility, arriving late since the 14th.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are currently dealing with USPS losing a drum mag we shipped out to a customer about a month ago. It’s been “enroute to its next stop” from Phoenix for 4 weeks now. I emailed post office 2 weeks ago and got an automated “we’re looking into it” message. After about a week got a message saying hey, covid... slow shipping... blah blah. So today filed an insurance claim maybe they’ll actually look into it if they have to pay out a claim.

I understand lots of moving parts and usually don’t have problems with the post office shipping, but if someone says hey you should look into this because my 3 day delivery package has now been 2-3 weeks obviously something is wrong and shouldn’t be responded with some B.S. covid excuse.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on a holster that was shipped from Wisconsin on 6 July. It seems to have disappeared in St. Paul, MN. Tracking now shows "In transit, arriving late." I submitted in inquiry via USPS.com. I'm not confident it'll turn up.

Edit: It was delivered on 29 July. Tracking went from "In transit, arriving late" to "Out for delivery" on 29 July. No idea what happened in between, but it made it at least.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bobandmikako,

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Went online to chat withBrownells last night.....
Explained everything....he actually told me it was a customer service issue and to call back Monday.

Monday I will cancel my order and request a refund.

Earlier in the week the nice lady said to give it till Friday. At least she didn’t try and blow it off.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, I received six packages this week, all delivered by USPS. Huh.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

"In transit to next location" is the USPS version of purgatory. They don't know where it is, so they just say hang tight, it's coming, sometime.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

This is what you get even if the package has never left the last facility!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent a pocket knife in a flat rate box last Wednesday. Was supposed to arrive yesterday, Saturday. Three days from Virginia to North Carolina. Yesterday, tracking said, out for delivery by 8pm. Today, Sunday, it says In Transit.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent in federal tax forms via USPS in April and never heard back.

Sent them again USPS signature confirmation. Post office said we should get the postcard back in about a week, and three weeks later nothing received. Still waiting on 2019 refund.

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
USPS shipping is a currently a disaster.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed, it’s a mess right now. Order from Gilbert, AZ shipped on July 6th. Just saw it made it to the regional destination facility yesterday. I could’ve walked it there faster.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I had a certified letter take 6 days to go 70 miles. I have another package shipped on 7/22 that was supposed to arrive Sat. No update other than removing the delivery date and saying its late but on the way.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pre-covid, a great deal of surface mail traveled by air. Most of it was done on a space-available basis, but if mail got bumped from a flight, it simply went on the next. Presently, there isn't a flight or a next, and if there is, the mail may wait considerably longer. There's no tracking it during those movements; only when it's processed in somewhere, and the routing may be far from direct, because the options are much more limited.

The mail was traveling by air long before passengers; passengers were an experiment on mail aircraft. Moving the mail as space available cargo has always been the norm, but the norm has shifted of late; it's not always going where desired, and it's not always going when desired.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am currently a week over due on a package from NY to Oh. Getting the "In transit, Arriving late" message from above.

Honestly, my first bad experience with USPS. Frustrating, but not life ending.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
All shipping seems to be a disaster right now. I have experienced countless delays of multiple weeks and they even completely lost a large package I was expecting. Vendors are also generating labels and actually shipping the items much later, which is annoying.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Went to UPS today to return something for work. Asked them if they could tape the box for me. He said sure, it will be $4, or if I wanted I could buy a roll of tape for $4.99. WTF? At least the post office will give me a foot of tape for free.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
At least the post office will give me a foot of tape for free.

It depends on who helps you here. Sometimes they will throw a piece of tape on it and sometimes they tell you there's tape for sale on that wall over there.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post