SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Nearly bought the farm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nearly bought the farm Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Or at the very least would've been mine in a settlement. The roads where I live are rather narrow and on the way home from the gym a guy driving a huge honey spreader was right in the middle of the road in a curve and hill. Why? Clear as day I could see him fiddling with his damn phone. Mad

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Almost screwed the poop. ;-)

Glad you are OK.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Manure lucky it came out okay.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he had run up and on to your vehicle, it would have made him a pooper scooper!

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I about bit it on my bicycle last week. Tight downhill blind turn and come upon a lawn service truck going the other direction 2 feet across the centerline. My first thought was "This is going to hurt really bad" I was able to change my line and miss him. Closing speed between us was likely over 40 MPH.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
I about bit it on my bicycle last week. Tight downhill blind turn and come upon a lawn service truck going the other direction 2 feet across the centerline. My first thought was "This is going to hurt really bad" I was able to change my line and miss him. Closing speed between us was likely over 40 MPH.

Drift - PBS, aren't you in Cali? I'm in Roseville (NorCal) and ride regularly in the foothills around here.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:

Drift - PBS, aren't you in Cali? I'm in Roseville (NorCal) and ride regularly in the foothills around here.

About a half hour east of Kansas City, Mo on a little residential lake. The roads at the ends of the coves are tight dips with pretty steep hills on both sides.

A compounding factor was I was riding fixed gear which meant changing line could result in a pedal strike. Luckily my SpeedPlay Frog pedals are low profile. A pedal strike in that instance likely would have lifted the tires and caused the bike to slip out. Not good.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post