SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Women working retail...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women working retail... Login/Join 
posted
Something I've noticed the past several months at some big box retail stores..Target and Walmart just to name a couple.

Young female working the cash register chatting up with a female customer, then goes silent when a male customer comes thru. Happens to me, often. Not one word, except to tell me the purchase total. I say:"Hi or hello" and get no response.

Now, I don't wear a MAGA hat, open carry or wear a second amendment t-shirt and I'm usually clean shaven.

Is there a "war against men" being staged by young females?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Haven't noticed it, myself.

I flirt shamelessly with cute, young girls. I get away with it because it never occurs to them a guy old enough to be their granddad would be flirting with them Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Have you considered, maybe your just ugly? Or maybe they find you so irresistible that they can't even form a proper sentence?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Have you considered, maybe your just ugly? Or maybe they find you so irresistible that they can't even form a proper sentence?

Now that you mention it, that ugly part may play into it.

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
you want to chat with some girls, get a dating app on your phone.

Seriously, when I'm in a checkout line, no matter how good looking the cashier is, it doesn't occur to me to strike up a conversation with them. I usually throw in a quip or two whoever it is, but that's because I'm being a smart aleck.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Show them your pecker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Balls out Bro!

Not really. I'm going with ugly

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
you want to chat with some girls, get a dating app on your phone.

Seriously, when I'm in a checkout line, no matter how good looking the cashier is, it doesn't occur to me to strike up a conversation with them. I usually throw in a quip or two whoever it is, but that's because I'm being a smart aleck.

I don't need to "strike up" a conversation with a young chick working the cash register. Most of them couldn't carry on a decent conversation for more than 5 minutes, anyway.

But, I would like a "Thanks for shopping her so I can have a job", or something along that line.

I could even handle a "Thanks for spending your fucking money here".

Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
I've come to conclusion that being called "Sir" is going to happen being 40 and grasping on to the little hair I have left.

On the flip side I do have to say I do look like a young fat kid when I shave off my goatee/stash.

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

I don't need to "strike up" a conversation with a young chick working the cash register. Most of them couldn't carry on a decent conversation for more than 5 minutes, anyway.

But, I would like a "Thanks for shopping her so I can have a job", or something along that line.

I could even handle a "Thanks for spending your fucking money here".

I reread your OP and I think it's just a matter of personality. When I go through a cash register, I don't say hi or hello. Just give me the facts like how much I owe. Let's just do our business and get on our separate ways same as I do with my trysts in the men's bathroom in freeway rest areas.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I don't want them chatting at all. I don't know how many times I've been waiting in line at the checkout only to have the cashier and some woman customer just standing there NOT DOING ANYTHING and chatting about the weather or grandchildren or how much they like that brand of perfume or whatever, and I've REALLY wanted to pipe up and say "Excuse me ladies, but this is a checkout counter, not a chat room! Can we move things along a little quicker please?" But, I know the price I'd wind up paying would be higher than the satisfaction would be worth. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Run into mostly friendly checkers here, but conversation at the checkout slows the process. What really pisses me off is when the conversation doesn't end when the transaction is done. I'm waiting people... and your chatting about whatever... move the f on so I can get checked out!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Show them your pecker.

Hahahaha!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This you?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
quote:

This you?

Close, but no cee-gar.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I don't want them chatting at all. I don't know how many times I've been waiting in line at the checkout only to have the cashier and some woman customer just standing there NOT DOING ANYTHING and chatting about the weather or grandchildren or how much they like that brand of perfume or whatever, and I've REALLY wanted to pipe up and say "Excuse me ladies, but this is a checkout counter, not a chat room! Can we move things along a little quicker please?" But, I know the price I'd wind up paying would be higher than the satisfaction would be worth. Roll Eyes

Something like 25 years ago I was standing in the checkout line with about $1200 worth of building supplies, on 3 carts. (house renovation)

Cashier was BSing with some twit and those of us (perhaps 6 or 7) were left standing there.

I walked up to the cashier and asked her to call the manager. Her eyes got big, and I repeated my request.

The manager showed up pretty quickly and I showed him the pile of stuff I had wanted to buy.

Told him that I would go to his competitor and buy it there even if I had to pay more. Rather pay a little more than spend 50-45 minutes trying to pay for the goods.

That company went under about 6 months later.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone is pretty chatty here in the Yoop.
Unique experience:
A waitress recently referred to me as "Doll".
I am still hot, apparently.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I will say that if I hold a door for a male, I get an acknowledgement almost universally. Women will ignore the courtesy more than half the time.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
... Women will ignore the courtesy more than half the time.
That's a prime opportunity to embarrass them by saying "oh, you're welcome". What can I say? I collect dirty looks. Big Grin

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
I will say that if I hold a door for a male, I get an acknowledgement almost universally. Women will ignore the courtesy more than half the time.

Turn loose of the door a little sooner. Think “human pinball.”

Try holding the door for a woman in Japan. How do you say “I don’t need a wife” in Japanese?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post