SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Waste Management (The Company)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waste Management (The Company) Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Continuous harassing phone calls trying to get me to discuss details of the accident.

Were they from their internal legal department? Can you believe a trash company has an internal legal department? Must have something to do with how they treat people. Big Grin

quote:
Most cities in the Bay Area are locked into one particular company which has the contract from time immemorial.

Commercial dumpster service too?

It's not uncommon to see that for residential service in this area. It does make sense to some extent. The municipality is supposed to get you the best price and then only one company is running trucks through all of the residential streets.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15695 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I avoid using them as much as I can. Some of my clients have national accounts with them and they seem to get ok service but but the smaller jobs get double billed or no pick up.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
Same situation with me to a T. Then they got me in a new contract by bringing a new dumpster and having an employee of mine sign that they delivered it. In there was Another year contract. I fought that, won, told them to come get their dumpster. I'll start my own dumpster company before I use them again.

Had a similar experience. Tried to switch to a new company, discovered that contract had been renewed similar to above. I had my employees drag their dumpster to a corner, chained it shut, called them to pick it up and sue me.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like the mob really is still involved in waste management; if they are harrassing witnesses and such...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Satisfaction guaranteed or double your garbage back.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Charging for everything possible is not a new tactic > lawyers invented and perfected it with line item charging for everything from a postage stamp to mail you anything and a charge per page for receiving or sending a fax and so on and so on. Mad

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Nearly a year now that I've deemed my garbage unworthy of their management.

I've driven my own trash to the dump for a year spending about $2 a week. Fuggem' My garbage is not worthy of their service.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know of someone that embezzeled over $3 million dollars out of WM in the 1990's and got away with it!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know of someone that embezzeled over $3 million dollars out of WM in the 1990's and got away with it!!!!!!!!!!

I knew of a guy that got $1 million out of a nightclub and got away alive and without being prosecuted.

WM probably didn't prosecute your guy because they learned how to scale up his behavior and keep the money for themselves.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15695 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
WM bought them a few years ago. ABout 6 months after they bought EDS our trash service basically doubled in 4 months. I canned them and got another local company,

Same in Nashville. WM continues to buy out small local companies & increase the rates. Only 2 or 3 locals are left.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post