SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Oh frabjous day callooh callay
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh frabjous day callooh callay Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
My grandson and his family (wife and boys 4 and 7) have been living with us since the end of March while finding a house, getting the glitches worked out to make the appraiser, lender and seller happy and dealing with the paperwork.

They have a firm closing date of 10:00AM tomorrow and are loading his truck and my cargo trailer with basic necessities (which have resided in my garage along with essentially everything they own also since the end of March...) and plan to drive directly from the closing to their new (to them) house and sleep there tomorrow night!

It has gone more smoothly than I anticipated, but between the energy of two little boys and his wife's rather...unusual...approach to raising and feeding children, there has been a fair bit of tension as well.

The actual real estate transaction has been a complete fuster cluck from the get-go which hasn't helped the tranquility quotient at all either.

I'm glad we were able to help, but I'm also REAL glad its (almost...) over.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good on you, but glad you are getting back to peace and quiet.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Hope the closing goes well!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Are you still chortling in your joy?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
word to the wise:

shun the frumious Bandersnatch until closing is complete and their truck is actually unloaded at the new digs.

Then go galumph in the wabe.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Are you still chortling in your joy?

BOO-yah!

They took a load up with them to the signing Tuesday, then came back an loaded up another load that night.

They came back Wednesday morning and he loaded up his double-axle trailer (14 or 16 foot) and the bed of the Taco, I loaded up MY 18 footer and the bed of the Toondruh and took it up.

I figure one more trip like that and maybe a cleanup run and they'll be completely out.

The house is quiet, I don't have to lock the garage to keep little hands off my tools, the house is quiet, I'm not tripping over kids, toys, bicycles and dogs everywhere I go, the house is quiet and I don't have to get half dressed to tinkle in the middle of the night.

Did I mention that the house is quiet?

Also the electric bill (Up to $250 from $170) and the food bill (Up to $900 from $600-ish) will return to normal next month.

And the house is quiet.