SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People That Pull Out In Front Of You Suddenly...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People That Pull Out In Front Of You Suddenly... Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
...then proceed to slow to a crawl and go 10-20 mph under the speed limit.

WHY...JUST WHY, people?

There was NO ONE behind me, now I'm stuck behind your slowpoke ass for the next god knows how many miles! Mad

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Yeah I see this a lot too for some reason. It often seems they go faster trying to cut me off than they do once out on the road.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Don't forget their first cousins, the folks who are passing that slow semi at 0.0001 mph faster than the semi, finally yield and move to the right lane on the interstate, only to accelerate by 10 mph and try to keep pace with you as you try to pass. Then, they typically whip out right on your bumper like you're the dingleberry that did something wrong.

On a related note, I'm running low on windshield wiper fluid, AGAIN.....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Back in MD, they used to practice that trick when it snowed. I swear, it was much more common with snow than dry pavement.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
yep arseholes....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
A common occurrence for me.

Always the exact circumstances; no cars following me and the asshole will barely pull out in front of me, forcing me to break, and then they slowly drive on. If he/she waited 2 seconds, it would have been no harm or foul.

I usually give them a nice long honk of the horn along with some bright lights if at night.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
They do it around these parts as well. Nobody behind you for five miles and some schmuck will pull right out in front of you and go 45. Mad

Posts: 20087 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Back when I had a car with really good brakes I'd let them pull out and not even slow down. They either floor it and haul ass or on a few occasions they freaked out and pulled off the road in a hurry thinking I was going to rear end them. Good times...

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never move to Pensacola. Old folks there do this to pass the time. Thankfully, they usually only go a short distance before setting up for their next victim.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here they do that, but it is at least 1000x worse if you happen to be towing a trailer or have cab marker lights on your vehicle. Every single idiot feels the need to pull out in front of you and then creep along at a snail's pace.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
When I was regularly driving my old VW bug this would happen to me on a very regular occurrence. Mind you I have a non-stock engine & transmission so 70mph is no problem for me, but they see a bug and automatically think they'll get stuck behind some POS.

Nearly cause me to hit them cause they misjudge my speed and then I get stuck behind their slow asses.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bobbin' and weavin
posted Hide Post
Around here they have added another wrinkle. They have clear vision of traffic on the state road for a mile or so but sit at the stop sign on the side road until you get really close, then turn in front of you. I assume they get extra points in whichever mindless game they are playing.

Posts: 934 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know these people that pull out in front of you are more important than you.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lady in a Subaru with marathon stickers all over the back window is leading the parade of 10 cars in the left lane. Finally she gets over to the right and all car pass her. Im cruising at a good clip and sure as shit she passes me in the right lane.

How can your driving speed this varied.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Not really someone pulling out of a perpendicular driveway, but still counts:

I usually lag behind the car in front of me when a light turns green to allow space in case of an emergency. Yesterday morning, some guy in the left turn lane jumped in front of me just as I was starting to accelerate. He made a point of waving thanks to me, but I was still irked. The dude was right next to me during the red light and didn't even ask if he could cut in.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still try the 3 second rule (maybe that doesn't not apply today), I'm usually horned in on. Sometimes folks will use a signal, allow it to blink once and come in, others just take my 3 second space as a sign of weakness & barge in.

The way it is now, I'm held 50% responsible for an asshole's negligent driving.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Yep keeping a safe distance in traffic is a sure fire way to give these assholes the room they need to pull out or cut in or whatever they are doing. Pisses me off.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Don't leave out the jerk that just has to get around you come hell or high water, then brakes to turn off forcing you to slow down for him.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I've noticed a lot of those people don't have blinkers that work either. I think their cars come from the factory like that.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
This happens to me in a semi truck daily. Many people want to go slower than me, but they're determined to do it up front.

Also, a general axiom:
Dialing phone, go slow.
Talking on phone, go fast.
Rinse and repeat.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post