SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    DOT SHOULD OUTLAW TOUCH SCREENS!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DOT SHOULD OUTLAW TOUCH SCREENS!! Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
There was a recent thread or two about stupid drivers. Many said smart phones are the cause. I say yeah plus the stupid drivers but we have to consider screen controls. Just rented a Nissan. Had horns beeping at me every time the light turned green. I could hardly read the screen. Knobs and buttons are intuitive. They can be operated while driving, talking, or singing. Screens can kill you.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, I got a loaner car (2019 Accord Hybrid) from the Honda dealer the other day with everything on a touch screen in the center of the dash. Made me want to keep my 12 yr old Honda that much longer.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Agree 100%! Bring back my buttons and knobs (and definitely the manual sliders for the HVAC controls!)! I will say, though, that radio control buttons on the back of my steering wheel are the greatest invention of all time...not only do I not have to look at them, I don't even have to take my hands off the wheel.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
My biggest bitch about my car is the stupid touch screen. I don't want to pull over to change my heat settings or radio station. Why did they put everything on the touch screen? Why not buttons for commonly used functions? F#$@ Ford SYNC 3.

Have you tried using voice commands? I have SYNC 3 and don't have to pull over for radio and climate control settings. There's buttons ands knobs for those functions. Navigation uses voice commands. Setting up a new Bluetooth connection is the only thing I've had to pull over for.

Nope. Still too traumatized from using SYNC 1 on my old Fusion. Just ended up yelling at my car all the time. Haven't even tried it in my '19.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No touch screens in any new vehicle for me. The one in my Lexus failed due to a bad solder joint on the circuit board and the dealer wanted $3000 to replace it. Beyond being a dangerous distraction, they're an expensive single point of failure.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post