SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The pepperoni goes on top of the cheese.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The pepperoni goes on top of the cheese. Login/Join 
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Wow! Arguments over how a friggin' pizza is topped. Big Grin

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:

You got an opinion? Big Grin

To be sure, this topic just has to have been fiercely contested by some sweaty Italians standing around in front of a hot oven more than once.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
The last time I climbed the Himalaya’s, and spoke to the wise man, he said; put the pepperoni on top of and below the toppings my son.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Yep, that type comes to mind. I imagine it's probably a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing. There's also some thinner sliced pepperoni I've encountered that burns not just right at the edges, but a fair portion of the slice, if not covered with cheese.

Some places DO take top cheese to ridiculous levels, though. What I'm talking about is just a sprinkling of cheese over the topped pie, really. If you're saying that the pepperoni was totally buried under the cheese, though, that's... that's just fucked. Big Grin

Oh yeah it was buried. Not cooked. Like freshly sliced pepperoni just a bit warm. I prefer crispy bordering on burnt. As a matter of fact I order my pizza well done.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is some serious shit we are discussing. Big Grin

H2oys: that damn wise man is so ambiguous. Does he mean both or either. I once asked him how to make calzone and I left more confused than when I climbed up there. But he did say “gunga galunga “. So I got that going for me.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is serious stuff. Almost as serious as where to get a fresh bialy. Almost.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:

This is some serious shit we are discussing. Big Grin

H2oys: that damn wise man is so ambiguous. Does he mean both or either. I once asked him how to make calzone and I left more confused than when I climbed up there. But he did say “gunga galunga “. So I got that going for me.

Your right. He didn’t say whether: a) do one pizza with toppings underneath and another with them on top, or b) make one pizza with toppings both underneath AND on top.

Now I need to climb up the mountain again darn it!

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Our favorite pizza place describes it a "toppings woven in the cheese" and they do it right!

They use sheet pepperoni and it does get crispy on the edges... just pure perfection. The best of both worlds, if you will.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Oh yeah it was buried. Not cooked. Like freshly sliced pepperoni just a bit warm.

Yep. Fucked.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
greek thick and greasy pepperoni on TOP

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I think pizza is a victim of it's own popularity and versatility. This is one of those important theological and philosophical questions I occupy my mind with on my long nightshifts alone.

What is pizza? You go to different places and they have different styles, different toppings, different ways of doing it, but it's all still pizza, right? I don't think there is a true or correct pizza, there's just what you prefer. Unfortunately what you prefer may not be how another place does it, like these guys over here do thin crust, these guys do thick crust, this place doesn't use tomato sauce, oh and the Japanese put corn on it, because fuck it, why not?

Obviously there's going to be some very basic styles, like just cheese, or pepperoni, three-meat. But even still, there will be variations. Maybe the cheese is a weird blend you don't like, is the pepperoni thin or thick, does that three-meat have "Canadian" bacon or Canadian bacon? Does your supreme have olives? Red onions and white onions? Yellow corn, or white corn, Japan? Is it really just candy corn, you fucking psychos?

Anyway, even something as universal as pizza, isn't going to be universal, and I think that's the mistake we make, we don't do as much differentiating when it comes to pizza as we do with, say, barbecue. There's definite regional differences in barbecue. Some places do it wet, others dry, more tangy, more sweet, focusing more on beef instead of pork. Is there one real true barbecue anymore? Or is it all under the delicious umbrella of barbecue? You might prefer Texas style, but if someone likes Korean better, are they wrong?

Anyway, yeah, corn on the pizza in Japan. Fuckin' wild, man.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Yep. Like frank over beans.

when I grill out I always do enough to have leftovers,

a couple cans of baked beans (store brand are good) a big spoon full of brown sugar, and a big squirt of deli mustard, stir up well and put in tin on the grill,

and extra dogs,

leftovers the next day, cut up the dogs, stir them in the beans, and the best beanie weanies you could ever want

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Oddly, Chicago deep dish pizza has the meats and veggies on the bottom, then the cheese, and the sauce on top. And it’s outstanding. Maybe they precook the meats and veggies? Not sure, but I know everything is well-cooked and delicious!

Chitown Pizza is the best!
You are partially correct cheese first then other stuff then the sauce followed with a small amount of parmesan on top.
Yes the cheese is always first!

On the subject of when "other" pizza order I would also put the peperoni on top but there is some leeway based on preference.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post