SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The pepperoni goes on top of the cheese.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The pepperoni goes on top of the cheese. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
New pizza place opened and we heard good things. Small menu, thin crust (which I prefer). Only 1 guy running the place and he is just making our pizzas when we walk in. We were told 30 minutes and he hadn't even started making them until past that time. Oh well things can get busy.

I was watching and didn't catch on until it was too late, he put pepperoni and then cheese over the pepperoni. WTF. The entire point of pepperoni on pizza is so it gets crispy. Raw soggy pepperoni was not good. I had to let it cool, peel off the cheese/roni layer and broil it.

Can 2020 get any worse? Ugh. Wink

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yep. Like frank over beans.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On pizza I like meat under the cheese and as for franks they need to be mixed with the beans. PS I like ketchup on my hotdogs and my chili has beans Smile

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It goes under and over

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a pizza expert (in my house) and you never ever put the pepperoni under the cheese or it will not provide the flavor to the pizza and for the most part is under-cooked (I know it comes ready to eat out of the package) but what is pepperoni without the little guys becoming a little wavy or cupped shaped with crispy edges and holding that precious pepperoni grease in its cupped status.....

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Unacceptable.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my peanut butter sandwiches with the spread on the outside. Seriously, who puts cheese over pepperoni?

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
On top of the cheese. That's why they're called toppings.
There's one place around here that puts the cheese on top. They have a great cheese pizza, but I won't order pepperoni from them.
I like the pepperoni to get crispy.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

I like my peanut butter sandwiches with the spread on the outside.
You too?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
On pizza I like meat under the cheese and as for franks they need to be mixed with the beans. PS I like ketchup on my hotdogs and my chili has beans Smile

So clearly we know who NOT to take food advice from. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Oddly, Chicago deep dish pizza has the meats and veggies on the bottom, then the cheese, and the sauce on top. And it’s outstanding. Maybe they precook the meats and veggies? Not sure, but I know everything is well-cooked and delicious!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Meat under the cheese, veggies on top. Any other way is wrong. Pepperoni should not be crispy.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:... Pepperoni should not be crispy.

You probably eat limp bacon...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
Meat under the cheese, veggies on top. Any other way is wrong. Pepperoni should not be crispy.

And here I’m being told that I’m a serial killer for eating pizza with a knife and fork.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:... Pepperoni should not be crispy.

You probably eat limp bacon...

Bacon and pepperoni are two completely different things.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:

And here I’m being told that I’m a serial killer for eating pizza with a knife and fork.

You are. Pizza is hand held food. But the meat goes under the cheese. There is no other acceptable way. Amateurs and heathens put the meat on top.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you ride on top of the bus??

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Yep. Like frank over beans.

FRANK AND BEANS!

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you ride on top of the bus??

What the hell are you smoking? Getting into the New Years Eve imbibing a little early

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
I am sorry you fail to see the humor.I think you took too many crabby pills today. Lighten up.