SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    would you let your wifes old boyfriend stay for a week?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

would you let your wifes old boyfriend stay for a week? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
EVEN IF I had one of those relationships where the guy can bang another chick and she could bang her ex. I still sure as hell wouldn't want the dude in my house

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
If I couldn't trust my wife, I wouldn't be married to her.

I don't see the problem ending at stopping the house guest from visiting.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm not married (never have been), but I think I'd have to draw the line at that one. I would have to ask my wife how she would feel if my ex-fiance were to stay with us for a week. I think that would go over like a fart in church. Men's egos are fragile enough as it is and we are very territorial. Just the way God made us...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My ex-fiancé & my now husband are friends. My ex & I started becoming friends after we had been broken up over a year & a half. Then I had just started dating my now husband. My ex's then girlfriend needed some nutrition help so my now husband helped her. That's how we all became friends. Then my husband wanted to surprise me with a special horse riding trip in San Diego which is where they live so we ended up staying with them at their house. We've all discussed how it seems that it should seem weird, but somehow it works. All depends on the situation.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Well there's no and FUCK NO!
I'm in firmly in the FUCK NO! camp.

Think about how many marriages have been trashed by BookFace from old flames trying to see if they can still tap the old well.
No. Way.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
That's my rough guess - and I have no problem with consenting adults doing whatever they want with other consenting adult(s).

The other option is the guy is naive and clueless - which isn't a crime either, but worthy of being the butt of many jokes.

For sure, on all accounts. Smile

Hopefully it's consensual for all parties, whatever they're doing.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
As long as the ex puts the toilet seat down, why not let him stay?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
This guy is in no way gay, he talks about his lack of sex all the time, he sees a nice looking woman and he is like every other guy. and to be clear he is only gone to work for the day not a week away trip.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
This guy is in no way gay, he talks about his lack of sex all the time, he sees a nice looking woman and he is like every other guy. and to be clear he is only gone to work for the day not a week away trip.
So then it's door #2 - naive and clueless.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
cuckold

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only polite observation- Is his potential lack of good judgement confined to his personal life?

I lead a simple life and avoid people who behave in ways that increase the drama in life.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
She's obviously the one in charge of the relationship.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

This. I've had one guy that my wife dated years ago and is still friends with stay the night. He's married and a pretty good guy. Zero issues. If I felt uncomfortable about it, that would mean I don't trust my wife. Lots of the folks immediately throwing out the NO's need to re-examine their relationships.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

This. I've had one guy that my wife dated years ago and is still friends with stay the night. He's married and a pretty good guy. Zero issues. If I felt uncomfortable about it, that would mean I don't trust my wife. Lots of the folks immediately throwing out the NO's need to re-examine their relationships.

Trust is one thing. Foolish temptation is another. The best way to stay out of trouble is to not go near it.

You say people need to re-examine their relationships, I say you need to re-examine your judgement........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

Trust is one thing. Foolish temptation is another. The best way to stay out of trouble is to not go near it.

You say people need to re-examine their relationships, I say you need to re-examine your judgement........

If your spouse can't resist temptation, then they aren't trustworthy in that area and the relationship is bound to have more problems in the future. If they are tempted by an ex in the first place, there are already issues in the relationship. My judgement is just fine. I stopped having high school quality relationships when I got married.

Fun!? You know we're talking marriage, right? Big Grin

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Absolutely not.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Hell no and for any wife to expect her husband to be okay with this is insane.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:

The right answer. You can't go back home again I was told. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I personally wouldn't want the guy around regardless of how much I trust my wife. What is this an episode from Friends?

But, this is an issue, does your friend know this? Not sure how you stop her from getting porked right there. This is a recipe for dicksaster. My guess old bf still likes the menu, as well as her.
quote:
he once was bragging to me how she would walk thru the house with no clothes on and pretending she didn't know he was there

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
It's just bizarre, the guy fly's in from half the way across the country, I'm assuming she picks him up at the airport and takes him to their house. The Husband is a church going family man who just doesn't think anything is going on. I asked him once what happens when He tries to get busy with his wife and his response was she say's "don't touch me". I asked him what the hell ? he said he might get sex twice a year and he said he puts in on his calendar. Big Grin she posted a picture on social media of them on a recent outing, and no I wont post it.

It seems like this guy is just waiting in the wings, How would you like to be the husband always knowing there is another guy in line? Other then this bizarre relationship, The husband is really fun to be around and has a ton of friends.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post