SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stupid school rules on Guns and "related" items.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid school rules on Guns and "related" items. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
They say we HAVE to do something to protect the kids, but when my Son in Law tried it wasn't allowed.

My SIL, a prepper, III percenter and survivalist type bought bullet resistant backpack liners for my Step Grandson and Step Granddaughter, both in grade school. It slips in the backpack and provides some protection, the kid is supposed to be taught to hide and use the backpack as a shield. OK, no harm in that right?

But NO! When his teacher found out she reported to the principal and it was removed and confiscated! The Principal said it was "a gun related item" and thus prohibited. WTF over?

My SIL was able to go pick it up, but was told it won't be allowed back in school.

When he complained and asked why the girl was allowed to use hers but the boy wasn't they told him that official policy of the school board left it up to the individual principals, and they attended different schools.

Roll Eyes

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like our schools are run by a bunch of idiots now.

Before anyone says anything, I worked at one for 9.5 yrs. and that was just about 2 years ago that I quit.
Our plan for an active shooter was to lock the classroom doors when a certain code was given on the speakers.
Our doors locked only with a key, which only maintenance people had.

It was adult education and another plan was to give I.D.s to all the instructors.
What good would that do when all the students were of adult age???
When I asked to carry they looked at me like I was threatening to shoot up the place.
At least they kept the offices locked so those people were safe.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
get him some chainmail. Those aren't gun related.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
So the danger is kids getting shot. Kids are provided a completely defensive tool to keep from getting shot. But that isn’t allowed.
Wow.
That almost sounds like the alleged auto industry argument against seat belts back in the day...”we can’t have people thinking our vehicles are unsafe by putting seat belts in them”

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That would be enough for me to pull my kid out of that school.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
Better hand over those sneakers... the kids just might evade and get away!

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
My sisters boy got kicked out of school for bringing a paint-ball gun hopper to school. Not the gun - just a plastic bowl like thing that holds paintballs. Empty. So- an empty plastic bowl. BUT - it was "gun related" so they expelled him.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
How did the teacher even find out?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
He was a kid in elementary school. Brought the hopper in to show his friends his new purchase. I think someone (not a close friend) saw him or heard him telling his friends about the device and went and told the teacher.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
He was a kid in elementary school. Brought the hopper in to show his friends his new purchase. I think someone (not a close friend) saw him or heard him telling his friends about the device and went and told the teacher.

"Ms. Teacher, Brad has a gun thingy..."

------------------
SBrooks

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Why not put the panel in the backpack and keep quiet about it?

I don't think those panels are of much use, but they can't hurt and may do some good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Not surprising. State run "schools" are going to do all they can to brainwash every child into believing guns are all evil.
It makes me cringe to know how many of our kids will come out the other side as brainless democrat voting zombies.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Not surprising. State run "schools" are going to do all they can to brainwash every child into believing guns are all evil.
It makes me cringe to know how many of our kids will come out the other side as brainless democrat voting zombies.

Indeed. My daughter home schools and she thanks us every day for not having to deal with the liberal nonsense and core agenda in the local school systems. Ironically - the home school coursework is much more challenging and comprehensive vs. what she was dealing with previously.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
That is some stupid shit.

A girl I knew when I was a kid accidentally brought a steak knife to school in her lunch box - mom dropped it in there after making the sandwich, I guess. Anyway, she "did the right thing" and told an adult, explained that it was a complete accident, etc.

She was expelled within a few days. She was in 4th grade and a straight-A student.

It's unfortunate, but if I ever have children I will strongly teach them the value of keeping their mouth shut in such circumstances. Mistakes happen, but it's often best if no one finds out, particularly in the idiotic zero-tolerance society we live in.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
How did the teacher even find out?

The boy (as a boy likely would) put the backpack on backwards and bet his friends that when they punched him through the backpack, they couldn't hurt because you know; this thing my parents gave me is sooo cool. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
There is a clipboard made of Kevlar that looks exactly like a clipboard, has nothing printed on it to identify it as bulletproof or gun related. It fits nicely in a book bag. Got one for each of my grandchildren and we talked about it's purpose in protecting them and how to use it and why no one was to be told about it including friends or teachers.

They have had them in backpacks for a year with no difficulties.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife is pregnant with our first and when I hear stories like this I worry because I have never exactly been shy about pointing out when someone is being an incompetent fool and I can see how badly it will go when I am talking to a mouth breather douchbag 'educator' in the principle's office.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Get him a new backpack that already has it sewn into the fabric, no insert visible.

http://www.bulletblocker.com/b...backpack-shield.html

We sewed inserts into our kids packs and told them not to talk about it.

So far, so good.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter's school theater depot just told them they cannot do West Side Story as their summer play as it promotes gang violence and racial stereotypes....I called a buddy who writes for a local paper to look in this foolishness

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
There needs to be push back. Pack the board meetings and push back. Keep putting the things in the back packs, get the child expelled, lawyer up and push back.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post