SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I broke Taco Bell for roughly three minutes tonight...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I broke Taco Bell for roughly three minutes tonight... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well, at least you didn't give them four dollars and a penny; they would still be trying to figure it out.

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 169 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This is one of the reasons cash will go away at some point.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I was rummaging through my dresser the other day and noticed I had a few $2 bills. What would they do with that?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are there classes in high school explaining the various denominations, and if so, do we really expect them to be remembered two years later

We covered that at Jane Peabody Elementary School back in the 1960s. I think probably around 5th grade. I still remember it 57 years later.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Are people really this dumb?

Learned this stuff at a VERY early age. I remember workbooks before I was in Kindergarten and then again IN Kindergarten that had pictures of all the currency denominations to include the Kennedy half dollar. This nation is RIFE with idiotic dolts running around breeding like rabbits.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is one of the reasons cash will go away at some point.

^^^^^^^^
Hookers and blow may continue to be exceptions. Your mileage may differ.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
in the middle 80"s was on a work location in that left-coast state (calif.) went to a big box hardware store..handed the clerk a $100 dollar bill..$59.50 cost of product--clerk looked at it like a deer in the headlights.. after calling 3 other cashiers and the store manager finally was able to complete the transaction...computers are going to be the ruination of us all. some can not think for themselves.......and these people are supposed to be our future leaders--GOD HELP US. if you are old enough to remember when the russian leader stood in front of the UNITED NATIONS and with his shoe pounding the podium "WE WILL BURY YOU FROM WITHIN WITHOUT FIRING A SHOT"------

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
$2 bills you actually have a pretty good chance of people knowing in this area because they are still given as change at Monticello and various places around Charlottesville, so they aren’t impossible

I got the halves as change. Guy mentioned in passing there was no extra space for them in the tray, so they were in with the quarters and he was worried someone wouldn’t be paying attention and hand them out. He had 4, so I took them all.

If he was worried about them getting confused with quarters it’s good they didn’t have any Susan b Anthony dollars!

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What makes it even sadder-the cashier types in the amount tendered. The amount to be given in change is displayed in big numbers right on the screen. And yes, I was taught currency and coins in first grade. Had a workbook with drawings and everything. We didn't have any money back then, so we considered it important.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
There was a news story where the store called the police when a customer paid with fake money. The fake money was a standard, real, $2 bill. If I’m not mistaken, even the cops were about to arrest the customer for fake money. I think it took a Sgt to educate everyone that yes, $2 bills are real, legal tender.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get 2 dollar bills all the time , at the bank, I carry them for tips for the wait staff.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post