SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Time to find a new pediatrician
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time to find a new pediatrician Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Could it be the doc learned everything she needs to know about archery from The Hunger Games?

At least that would be a sort of an explanation.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Doctor is book smart but has shit for brains when it comes to common sense.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Sit at home, play video games, eat, gain weight. Just as violent content and unhealthy.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Lots of teens become depressed, suicidally so. So the best course of action is to take away one of the things that brings her immense joy, satisfaction, and pride. It's just commonsense.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
How is archery violent?

Ask Custer Cool

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Just read your new thread in the lounge.

Clearly, she's developed aggressive tendencies - pleading to shoot cadet and all!

Used to call it competitive, but I don't think that's an acceptable mindset these days.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Burt used it to deal with violence.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Re: suicide. I suppose you could brace the arrow on the ground and kindof lean into the point until it penetrated your gizzards.

a little like sepuku (sp?) maybe

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
just stay away from the 320 models and you will be fine. Wink

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Print off a few articles regarding sports injuries in gymnastics, dance, cheerleading, soccer, volleyball and send them to Dr. Mindyerbeezwax.

Your daughter is likely never going to tear an ACL, rupture a tendon or break a tibia in archery.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
"You need to get your daughter involved in a less violent sport." So needless to say, we're looking for a new pediatrician...

Get a new doctor instantly!

I have NO patience for someone that has become strongly opinionated on a topic they haven't even taken the time to research!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, you're right Doc, it is a violent sport that can cause injuries since the girls shoot the arrows straight up and try to dodge them when they return to earth. That's what makes it a sport.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn I missed the law that says the AMA has power to force doctors to ask stupid questions about stuff that is none of the fucking business!!!!

The AMA and the American Pediatics Association (or whatever their name is) - are not law or governing bodies. But my doctor is in residency and has an attending physician (who looks like the former Shah of Iran) to deal with. He is going to do what he is told - at least for now. Can't really blame him.

Those two outfits set their policies or guidelines - and most medical types are going to adhere to those. Part of the profession anymore.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post