SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Time to find a new pediatrician
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time to find a new pediatrician Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Less violent? Than archery? Other than rhythmic gymnastics, I'm drawing a blank. Even then, prancing around waving a ribbon doesn't seem much like a sport, so I got nothing.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thank God that infection doesn't permeate this part of flyover country. I keep about 8 doctors employed here. When the feds wanted them to start asking if patients owned guns they said "screw you" as most owned firearms themselves and the few who didn't supported the 2A.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Arizona (aside from Tucson) is pretty level headed.

I'm still trying to figure out how to commit suicide with a bow and arrow.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Doctor's only exposure to archery has been "Hunger Games"

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Being the soft spoken fellow that I am, I don't think I could have stopped myself from loudly asking:
Were you born this fucking stupid or did you pick it up in school?

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
"You need to get your daughter involved in a less violent sport."

"You need to stick to doctoring"

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
"Well doc we thought about trying MMA. How's that sit with your nanny state mentality, bitch?" Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
When is the last time anyone killed themselves with a bow and arrow? Where do these people come from???

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
When is the last time anyone killed themselves with a bow and arrow? Where do these people come from???
This abstract from a pathology journal was written in '98 so it happened before then.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I hope you called her a racist!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to laugh at your situation, but I found that to be hilarious. Does she think the competitors shoot arrows at each other?

Posts: 362 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Probably worried that one of the bows will just "go off".

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should have asked the Doctor how many archery injuries she has treated.

Many years ago I was looking at opening a paintball field. I started looking at the cost of insurance. One of the insurance companies sent a cover sheet that showed the injury rate from the various sports. Paintball, Archery and the shooting sports were at the bottom of the list for number of injuries, the mainstream sports Football, Soccer and Baseball had the most injuries.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
There are some things that even I, a person that is proud to be able to see things from many angles, find inexplicable. This is one of them.

Archery? Violent? It's hard to imagine how anyone could even think thar. Seriously. Even a low information SJW. You think "archery" you think "targets" and "discipline" and "control"... even if you're stupid. Don't you? I guess not.

Sigh.

If she's a great doctor otherwise, I would educate her. Seriously. In her view, she's trying to do the right thing for her patient, and this type of overreaching care prying into the home situation is actually the established standard of care in most places.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Unless, hey, the baby wasn't that great in the first place ;-)

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
My new PCP suddenly popped off with "Have you been depressed lately, despondent, feeling suicidal?"

What? Where the heck did that come from? Then I realized he was playing ball for the AMA. I hesitated a second...then...

"Well, you know, I go out on the second floor balcony multiple times a day and just think, leaping off would just make things so much better. You know, ending it all? I get the feeling every time I'm someplace high up. Like building or bridges or high terrain. Other times, driving in traffic, I feel the urge to swerve into the oncoming lanes. Or into a concrete bridge pillar. In fact, I felt it on the way here."

He looked at me as if he'd never gotten such a descriptive answer. Then I broke him in.

"I'm here for life-preserving medical advice and treatment. Does that look like the behavior of someone thinking off offing themselves?"

He laughed and said he had never thought that through, but I was right.

Then he immediately asks me if I have guns in the house. Now we need to cut to the quick.

"Funny you ask. I've been meaning to do something about them, you know, I have so many. They're laying around loaded, and I often trip over them or they get knocked to the floor. I've thought about storage solutions, but I've got so many explosives and military ordnance that I'm concerned about the temperatures of storing them that way. And at this point, with the boobytraps I have rigged up, I can't even remember where they all are. Probably best I don't move anything."

He immediately caught my sarcasm; "Hey, the AMA makes me ask. Gun safety, you know."

He's a great guy, but his profession is infiltrated with progressives that wish to ban everything they don't like and force you to do only what they do.

He's not one of them. If he turned out to be, I'd replace him before the sun went down.

Archery? Agree, time to disengage.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My new PCP suddenly popped off with "Have you been depressed lately, despondent, feeling suicidal?"

Thank the government and electronic health records for that one. Another checklist item. The VA has been doing this sort of thing for a time.

Asking these sorts of questions actually PREVENTS people from getting the mental health care they may need.

Medicine is an art, not a checklist to be completed. I want a physician who thinks for himself, and makes decisions based on his clinical experience.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I like the "Do you feel safe in your house?" What if I said no? What would happen?

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
He immediately caught my sarcasm; "Hey, the AMA makes me ask. Gun safety, you know."

Damn I missed the law that says the AMA has power to force doctors to ask stupid questions about stuff that is none of the fucking business!!!!1

I seem to recall, from long ago, that membership in the AMA was voluntary. Not so?

But then I am a certified old fart and still believe in things like doctors, and others, doing there damned jobs.

I have a doctor's appointment in 2 days and I will be wearing my concealed G22 when I go there.

JUST LIKE I ALWAYS DO. They all know it and could GAS less.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Our daughters pediatrician asked the guns question the first time we saw her. My response was "heck ya, they're guns in the house..I'm a firearms dealer". That was a new one for her.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
"You need to get your daughter involved in a less violent sport."

Archery? Boxing is violent. Tackle football is violent. Roll Eyes Archery does have a long history in warfare, but the modern sport has nothing to do with that.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post