SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FedEx "F" for effort
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx "F" for effort Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
Thanks for going all out to deliver my shipment.
500 rounds of 12 ga and cleaning stuff. Shows delivered at 12:30pm yesterday. I get home 6:45pm,
I see this:

Can't even fucking bother to put them on the porch! 15k cars pass there every day, any one of which could have snagged it. On top of that, it rained most of the day. Thankfully, the shipper packed it well. Outer boxes were soggy, but no damage. FedEx driver can eat shit & live! Mad

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
LOL guess he/she/zie didn't want to lug all that weight up the stairs. Report them to FedEx management.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Their size and weight might make it awkward, even unsafe, to carry up those steps. Not saying it's the right reason, but it could be a reason.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I am waiting on a 3 cylinder air compressor motor from FedEx freight. They called me on Monday to schedule an appointment as it's 160 lbs and someone needs to be home. Great, Thursday June 18 between 12 - 4. 6:00 rolls around and still no FedEx freight. Not a huge deal.

I get a call this morning from FedEx freight (same woman as Monday) that I have a package coming and I need to schedule an appointment. I said it was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Long silence on the phone. Apparently it got held up, but no one ever calls or notifies the receiver it won't be delivered. I set another appointment up for this Monday, 12 - 4.

I work from home, so not a huge deal, but not the best service. If I had taken the afternoon off of work I would've been pissed.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Their size and weight might make it awkward, even unsafe, to carry up those steps. Not saying it's the right reason, but it could be a reason.

Could have walked up the driveway or used his dolly. Lazy fucker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Fourth step is clearly unsafe. Missing concrete. Fedex drivers will not risk injury, particularly with heavy package.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
A shooting buddy says he can always tell when the FedEx guy delivers by the sound of the package(s) banging off his garage door.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Our neighborhood piece of crap mail delivery person will leave a package on top of the mailbox, or perhaps on the ground next to the mailbox.

She has a terrible attitude, well I better stop here. The stories I could tell you all.

(just about every home in my neighborhood has a brick mailbox so that seems to enable her desire to put packages on top of it).

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steep stairs, lots of work, i'll just leave them here in the street Big Grin

UPS is really the only shipping company I don't think I've ever had a problem with delivery from, but no one uses them because they are expensive.
My UPS dude is awesome, every delivery right around 430pm like clockwork and if for whatever reason I miss him he's always at the UPS store at the corner picking up packages around 6pm and I just go there and grab whatever I missed.

Fedex air and ground is always some random time.. maybe 9am... maybe 6pm... who knows.. It seems like they've fixed this issue, but some of my old fedex guys/girls refused to ring the doorbell so if I was in my office, which is on the other side of the house from the front door I wouldn't hear their light knocks. I swear sometimes they wouldn't do anything they would just slap their "sorry we missed you" stickers on the door and leave.

USPS used to be ok, but our newest post office person sucks. They refuse to get signatures on signature required items and just leave them in my mailbox. I'm constantly getting my neighbors mail/packages and vice versa.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Just walk on the grass next to the steps?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They delivered my $1,500 air rifle somewhere other than my house last week. Adult signature required was signed “Covid-19”. I guess they don’t bother with details out of fear of Da’Vid.

After several calls to CS in a variety of third world countries, it showed up on my step a few days later. I have no idea if it was located by them or an honest neighbor brought it over.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I have no idea if it was located by them or an honest neighbor brought it over.

God bless the honest neighbor. I live in a neighborhood where half the streets have the same name with varying suffixes like drive or run or way, etc. We have a network of contact to get everything to the right owner. Sadly, it seems like USPS is the worst offender. One day I had three different addressees in my mailbox.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Just walk on the grass next to the steps?

The slope is just as steep, grass, even dry, might be slippery, much more so than the steps, and there may be a company policy of not walking on lawns. Some people take them very seriously.

The best solution may have been to take the stuff up the driveway with a dolly, but said driveway was not apparent in the OP's photo.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Five hundred rounds of 12 gage, that's barely a weekend of shooting. I'll also note that for a 1 1/8 ounce 12 gage load you can get 355 shot shells. So your 500 round box could have 35.2 lbs. of shot in them. With a 2 3/4 inch hull weighing in at 124 grains and a 16 grain powder shell the total weight of that box of shells should be about 51 lbs. Two trips and he would have had that ammo on your front porch. So, you had a rather unambitious driver. However it was delivered and I'll bet that anyone thinking about stealing that package would pick it up and put it right back down.

So I would cut him a bit of slack because at present I know for a fact that Fedex drivers are currently completely slammed. I just got a package at work yesterday and went out to the driver as soon as he pulled up. Saw the back if his van and it was 100% totally and completely filled floor to ceiling. You might have squeezed in an envelope back there but a tube of tooth paste in a box probably would not fit.

The simple fact is that Fedex is a poorly run organization who are just piling it higher and deeper on the actual drivers. So lets not bitch about the drivers, instead bitch about the management structure who won't leave their air conditioned offices and put there butt in the seat of a truck.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5623 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Our monthly 40# CHEWY order used to get dropped off at our garage door. Luckily we're on a cul-de-sac off a dead end with little traffic, but then I would have to lug the oversize box down 5 steps.

I left a nice note that I'd appreciate it if the delivery driver would at least try to hide the boxes out of sight. The FedEx driver now delivers directly to the front door.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The day before yesterday they delivered our package. Unfortunately we were the ones who sent it. Other package fedex’d at same time #1 of 2 arrived at destination. Not sure how that happened.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post