SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bumping your for sale post 8000 times...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bumping your for sale post 8000 times... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bump. Did I mention It's rare? Razz

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Will you a wheel barrow in trade?

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Please don't comment unless you are buying!

;-)

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
Sellers are just waiting for that fish, like me, to come along.

Sometimes, yes.

I was in the market for a specific, limited-production handgun. Looked like I was out of luck. Then somebody on another forum pointed me to a thread where a guy was selling one NIB for a acceptable price. He'd had it listed since April and had bumped it a half-dozen times w/o s price drop. Thing is: The price was reasonable. Just had to have someone happen along that was looking for it.

Same thing happened when I was selling a collectable rifle on another forum. My price was fine. Just had to hang in there until the right buyer happened by.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Will you a wheel barrow in trade?

Ha! Another classic.

"I know you said - very clearly - no trades, but I've got this PS2 and like 80 games...."

Yep, you nailed it partner. I said no trades and that I was only selling to generate some extra cash, but what I really wanted was an outdated game system and the 80 crappy games you picked out.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
It's not always the price.

I recently listed something here for a week and a half? No interest.

I deleted the thread and posted it elsewhere. And it literally sold in under a minute. My price was already low, it's just that no one here wanted it.

So maybe the answer isn't changing the bait, but trying another spot.

I share your thoughts. I have posted items here, nada, so moved them. No one was interested, at a fair price, not complaining, but just how it goes.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Double the price but throw in a "free" box of ammo. Be gone in a heartbeat.

Posts: 1313 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
CUSTOM Build - Anderson Lower, PTAC upper, Bargain bin barrel, UTG furniture, Tasco Scope, Tapco magazines. Only 50rd fired, like new - $1399.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Does it come with a safe to put it back in?

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I love people making fun of others' posts in SIGforum Classifieds almost as much as I love SIGforum Classifieds.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Price = $1000 firm

Bump, with new price, $950 firm.

Bump, with new price, $900 firm.

Bump, with new price, $500 firm.

Cool

Do I hear $475
fibdabibdabidabibdabibididy
$450
$425
$400

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Ttt

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
OK, Mr. Insanely Skilled Negotiator, I'll pay YOU to take it off my hands, but first, you have to guess what I'm thinking about selling. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
It's not always the price.

I recently listed something here for a week and a half? No interest.

I deleted the thread and posted it elsewhere. And it literally sold in under a minute. My price was already low, it's just that no one here wanted it.

So maybe the answer isn't changing the bait, but trying another spot.
Whatever the answer is, it certainly is not to keep bumping it every day until the months stretch into years!

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
I don't have any interest in this item I just wanted to give a free BUMP for my friend here.

I have absolutely no financial interest in this item, I promise!

Posts: 1454 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"How many rounds threw it?"

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
New in Box only fired 300 flawless rounds

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
NIB, got it in trade, unknown round count. Asking price MSRP +$50, FIRM.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
There is an ad like this on one of the revolver forums with a name that starts with S. Getting sick of seeing it on the first page constantly.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post