SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Kentucky Derby!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Kentucky Derby! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
This was the 1st time in 5 years that I was not at The Oaks and Derby and guess what I still have to hold on to my freaking wallet just watching on TV.
Granted the TV commercial is not as powerful as being in the Longines tent and seeing them in person.
http://shop.us.longines.com/wa...with-moon-phase.html

One day I won't be as strong and will succumb to the pressure.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Great race muddy track, we'll run race, the Derby is one of the best sporting events, bourbon, beautiful women, horses, betting, and as normal the sun always shines for the Derby

Posts: 23436 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked that watch too. Found it onlne. Two vendors had it for $3250 and a third had it for $1995 ??

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Great race muddy track, we'll run race, the Derby is one of the best sporting events, bourbon, beautiful women, horses, betting, and as normal the sun always shines for the Derby

So true. We have the VA Gold Cup here which was run yesterday. I haven't been since the late 60's. What horse won???? Was there a race?? Big Grin Did you see the lady with the big boobs? Eek

https://www.vagoldcup.com/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Y'all saw the local paper headline? "Horse wins the 143rd Kentucky Derby!" WTF ELSE was running, ostriches?

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
No idea about the horses or race but that is one of my favorite watches.

I love the white face and blue hands

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
It's a great event but do we really need 4 hours of coverage leading up to it? Enough already!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I miss Johnny and Tara critiquing the fashions. What a hoot!

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
It's a great event but do we really need 4 hours of coverage leading up to it? Enough already!

I turned it on Saturday afternoon only to hear the talking head say "....when we watch the running in only a few hours"

A few hours? Give me a break.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
It takes several hours for the crowd to get tuned up. Big Grin You don't want them wandering out onto the track do you? Wink

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post