SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ordering a Special Meal on American Airlines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordering a Special Meal on American Airlines Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
Yes, I know you have to fly first class and it has to be a long flight...

I have for the last several weeks tried to figure out how to actually request a meal on line with a flight on American Airlines and for the life of me can't figure it out. yes, I can find all kinds of information about the meals but no way to actually order one on a specific reserved flight. I sent them an email two weeks ago and got a response which gave a link to the different options but still no way to order one.. other than to call a phone number, which I guess in a week or so I will have to do. Oh and when you finally work your way through a zillion questions in order to ask them one this is the automatic email response you get: "We typically respond within five to ten business days, but in some instances it may take a little longer."

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Airline. I think I see your problem.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Call will be your best bet. If you enjoy traveling or have to for work, it's something you just deal with.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Are you sure you don't check off any special meals and/or accommodations as part of the booking process when you purchase the ticket?

Maybe you overlooked it? Just spit-ballin' here.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bring up the American Airlines website:

https://www.aa.com/homePage.do

Click "Your trips/Check in"

Enter your first name, last name, and six digit record locator.

Click "Find your trip."

If you have booked multiple trips, they will come up; select the one you want. If you have just one trip coming up, you will see it displayed.

Scroll down the page: you will find "Reserve a meal." Click on "Pace your order." Any options that are available for your flight will be displayed. Check the circle for the option you want.

On some long flights, you will have the option to notify the airline of additional special needs; it will come as you review your flight. Be sure to look at al all the options as you review your flight.

You can do this now, and don't need to wait until 24 hours before check-in. You'll still need to check in within 24 hours (online or at the airport), but you can look at your seat options, enter day-of-travel information, emergency contacts, passenger redress number (global traveler, precheck, etc), your frequent flyer number, and so on.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Thread Over.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
My wife just did this yesterday on their website for our upcoming 7+ hour AA flight. I probably won't eat anything but she prefers the Hindu-ovo-lacto-vegetarian option to rubber chicken or whatever else the standard meal is.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could get some oats and hay from the "support horse". Just a thought.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently flew first class on AA to Panama from Miami. The meal was the most disgusting meal I've ever had. They didn't have the chicken option, they either had a cheese plate, or a cheeseburger. The cheeseburger was 3x as disgusting as the ones you see at the gas station in a small plastic bag in the freezer.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I make a nice sandwich and put it in my personal bag (or whatever they call a backpack). Along with a piece of fruit or 2. Its just so much easier to make something at home.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Airline. I think I see your problem.

Yup!

My last flight, and I mean the LAST ONE, was miserable. Had nothing to do with meals, etc.

My flight was scheduled to take off at 0900. I got there (after a 3 hour drive) at 0600. Turned in suitcase and headed for check in/security. I was the only passenger there, but was comforted (not) when I discovered there were (count them) 30 "agents". I intentionally had only a small carry-on about big enough to hold a cantaloupe. It was dumped out, turned inside out, 3 times by 6 different "agents". Then I got
wanded 3 times.

They had one of those brand new security machines where you just walked in, raised your arms at the right spot, and walked out. It was not turned on. I asked why, and was told, "WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT". When I asked how long it had been there, "SIX MONTHS!"

Truly my last flight. If I have to go back to Idaho again, I will drive!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post