SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Walking on hot coals barefoot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking on hot coals barefoot Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted
Not a good idea. Maybe I wasn't mentally prepared, but damn it hurts.

I was using a chimney starter to start some lump charcoal and a few small pieces dropped out as I was dumping the coals into the grill. A few moments later, I stepped on them while putting the burgers on the grill. Three nice size blisters on my right foot. They stick to your feet to.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The charcoal they use for those firewalking demonstrations are a special low thermal mass type. They burn at a similar high temperature, but transfer a much more modest amount of actual heat.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16310 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Had to take my idiot fried to ER when he attempted it on camping trip. I would advise against it, especially if you do as he did and walked through campfire.

Anyone else considering it, don't, there is no prize for it, unless you want stupid prizes.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Been through the same scenario as OP. Just a few embers from the chimney. Favored one foot for a few days.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
The charcoal they use for those firewalking demonstrations are a special low thermal mass type. They burn at a similar high temperature, but transfer a much more modest amount of actual heat.

We walked hot coals at an empowerment seminar about 10 years back. Before walking on the coals we stood on a very wet piece of sod and the coals we well dispersed from the fire. The trick was to get across the coals before all the water evaporated off your feet so the skin didn’t burn. It was scary but a lot of fun.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Yep...been there, done that...stepped on hot coals from a bonfire...it hurts! (And makes you say bad things in front of the chirrins)...

Coulda been worse though...mentally prepared on not so much...fast forward to 1:30 or so Eek

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/zzzlPrfbCrQ

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Yep...been there, done that...stepped on hot coals from a bonfire...it hurts! (And makes you say bad things in front of the chirrins)...

Coulda been worse though...mentally prepared on not so much...fast forward to 1:30 or so Eek

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/zzzlPrfbCrQ

I groaned out loud watching that...

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have sworn I heard someone say, "Hold my beer and watch this shit!".

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post