SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS Lying about Undelivered Item
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS Lying about Undelivered Item Login/Join 
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I'm curious about what mail carriers think of the informed delivery system? I signed up over a year ago and I've found it generally very helpful and accurate. I'd think that most carriers that diligently do thier job couldn't care less but I bet it's a real pain in the ass for some that aren't as diligent.

I find it to be a day or two late. People want to fight me in the street because "I KNOW YOU GOT IT"
We don't really case letters anymore, so I have no idea what you get until I get to your house. And if I did case it up, it won't be on the informed delivery thingy. Even then, I don't remember what I case up in the morning, nor do I know what each letter contains.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I'm curious about what mail carriers think of the informed delivery system?

I don't know what mail carriers think of it, but I love it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
USPS is beginning to piss me off.

Ordered something on Saturday. As expected: It shipped on Monday.

As of yesterday, it was still expected to be delivered today.

Nope. Now says "In Transit, Arriving Late" and "Delivery Date Unknown." It was (?) in freaking Cleveland for chrissakes! I can almost hit freaking Cleveland with a rock from here.

Get it together, USPS

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Ensigmatic,

They are still containing the mercury spill. It was expected to be a two week process. Even though you ordered it after the fact, it is slowing down everything in a multi-state region.

I'm not sure of the policies of shipping mercury, I'm honestly not even sure if it is allowed in the USPS.

EDIT: Local news is reporting Warrendale distribution hub will reopen Saturday, 4/6/19.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ASKSmith,

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's more variables here than we can cover. I've found that just about all of those receipts and notifications are next to worthless. All they mean is that someone pushed a button or swiped a barcode.

I was buying a lot of stuff on eBay for a while. I was checking the mailbox when the UPS driver stopped by with a ton of packages for me. I signed and he just THREW all the boxes on the sidewalk in front of me. I just took everything inside without looking too closely at anything.

Turns out that one was addressed to a neighbor up the street. It took me a few days to get in touch with him but had already started a claim with UPS for the shipment. The driver SWORE that he had the fellow's signature on file.

A lot of this has to do with the quality of the person servicing your route. Most of this paperwork and electrical confirmation is worthless. The only exception I've found is USPS Registered Mail.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post