SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Marriage Advise:
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marriage Advise: Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted
If your wife says something asinine and completely stupid, you don't call her out on it. My daughter wedged a rock into her car seat latch. My wife tried to get it out first, cause it was in her car. I tried to pry it out with my car key, no dice, it was in there really good. I told her that I would just take a pair of pliers and pull it out, 5 seconds max. Her "solution" was to take entire car seat out and shake the seat to see if the rock falls out.

I am apparently not allowed to suggest that her "solution" was fucking dumb, especially after she heard my solution. Being married can be fun.... Roll Eyes

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
fucking dumb

Most women aren't fans of this combination of words, especially when used to describe them or their actions.

Next time, just say this - "let me give it a try honey." Then just take care of whatever it is, then later laugh with a buddy over a beer at her moronic attempted fixes.

I promise you if you follow my advice your life will contain less stress.

ETA, maybe get her a cat too, that might cheer her up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
fucking dumb

Most women aren't fans of this combination of words, especially when used to describe them or their actions.

Next time, just say this - "let me give it a try honey." Then just take cat of whatever it is, then later laugh with a buddy over a beer at her moronic attempted fixes.

I promise you if you follow my advice your life will contain less stress.

Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 33605 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After 40 years of marriage, I've learned. If she thinks it's better to spin the truck to remove a lug nut, "Need any help honey?"

If she says "I'M FINE" or "NOTHING IS WRONG", I do a combat roll and head for my plate carrier.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
After 40 years of marriage, I've learned. If she thinks it's better to spin the truck to remove a lug nut, "Need any help honey?"

If she says "I'M FINE" or "NOTHING IS WRONG", I do a combat roll and head for my plate carrier.

^^ Yup. The only thing worse than losing an argument with your wife is winning one.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Remember - you tell a person to suck an egg, you don't tell them how to suck an egg because even though they may do it differently from you, they may end up doing it faster.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Just refer to her as SWMBO and your nut clipping will be complete. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
What happened to the advice "do you want me to do it, or do you want to tell me how you want it done?"

Restated, I'll do it my way, or you can do it yours. I'm good with either. I just don't need a boss to tell me how you'd do it. If you want it done your way, I'm good with you doing that. Then leave in a hurry because you've just invited a shit storm you don't want to be a part of.

Remember, its your wife. She wants a slave to order around. Your job is to not be that slave unless at the end, you get to tell her how she should do that thing with her mouth you enjoy so much. Under that bargain, you can be a winner.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rburg,

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
If your wife says something asinine and completely stupid, you don't call her out on it. My daughter wedged a rock into her car seat latch. My wife tried to get it out first, cause it was in her car. I tried to pry it out with my car key, no dice, it was in there really good. I told her that I would just take a pair of pliers and pull it out, 5 seconds max. Her "solution" was to take entire car seat out and shake the seat to see if the rock falls out.

I am apparently not allowed to suggest that her "solution" was fucking dumb, especially after she heard my solution. Being married can be fun.... Roll Eyes

Are you posting from the dog house? Eek

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Inquiring minds want to know...did you get the rock out? Wink

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Even smart people can sometimes have their moments. Recently my wife, a very sharp woman, told me our new microwave was broken. She said she wanted to heat coco for 90 seconds, but every time she entered 90 and pushed start, the display switched to 1:30. Unfortunately she figured it out before I could get her to call tech support (while I taped the call of course). Smile

Just today I did this. I have two phones. While sitting in the car waiting, I was watching Monk on phone #1. I then used phone #2 to call phone #1 so I could find it. Apparently, using a phone as a TV makes it invisible, physiologically.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
f***ing dumb

Most women people aren't fans of this combination of words, especially when used to describe them or their actions.

Fixed that for you.

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Even smart people can sometimes have their moments. Recently my wife, a very sharp woman, told me our new microwave was broken. She said she wanted to heat coco for 90 seconds, but every time she entered 90 and pushed start, the display switched to 1:30. Unfortunately she figured it out before I could get her to call tech support (while I taped the call of course). Smile

Just today I did this. I have two phones. While sitting in the car waiting, I was watching Monk on phone #1. I then used phone #2 to call phone #1 so I could find it. Apparently, using a phone as a TV makes it invisible, physiologically.

had a woman in a store I worked at, hired to be an admin for the store manager,

we used a mishmash of computer programs, and she was struggling to get a grasp on them,

(admittedly, they could be a bit to adjust too)

so , after a few days of training, learning the ropes etc, she noticed the pointer for the mouse was different in several programs,

and they were, since that is apparently the way the programs were written (mouse would be a black arrow, or a white arrow, or the hand pointing a finger, depending on application

so, after about 30 minutes of her talking and complaining, trying to reset this and that, I just simply said, call the help desk,,

3 hrs later she was still on the phone with them and finally gave up,

thankfully, she did not tell the help desk guy my name,, surely he would have come looking for me

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is piss my pants funny right there!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Simple truth(s) I've learned about marriage:

10 years in: Pick your battles

After 20 years I learned that you need to carefully pick your battles.

After 30: You just don't!

I'm a slow learner

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
You should have phrased it more tenderly. Like this:

"That might work, hon. But why stop there? Why don't I just pick up the car and shake it, like, really REALLY hard?"

That would have gone over much better. You're welcome.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
My marriage advise is simple. Pick your battles, but don't lie to your spouse. Meaning, if they're being stupid, tell them.

All the "wife" stuff typically boils down to what is emotional turmoil. Some of it can certainly be let go.

But, if it really bothers you, don't let it go. If it is factually incorrect or unsafe, don't let it go.

The road is long. Taking the easy path of not pissing off your spouse, is not the right path, long term.

When you marry someone, it is a commitment to weather all storms, and if neither of you can handle small things, then big ones will destroy you.

Don't let that happen. Don't let your spouse be stupid.

This is a two way street, as marriage should be.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post