SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gun Supply Issues...Etc
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Supply Issues...Etc Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My preferred FFL charges $40 to do a transfer and I’m happy to pay it. Sure, I could find other places that only charge $25 but I would buy prefer my business go to this family run shop. No store in my area could ever come close to stocking all the guns I am interested in. I understand the stores have to Make a margin so I am happy to do my part to a point Which includes paying $40 for transfers and or buying from them and when they do have a gun in stock even though it may cost 10% or more than I can get elsewhere. There would simply be no way for me to buy guns I want without ordering myself and paying the transfer fee. Finally, a typical transfer with them typically only takes about five minutes. Why some gun stores make you wait and or make a big hassle out of the transfer is something I don’t understand. I walk in, they hand me the form, I fill it out, hand my license and conceal carry, give them 40 bucks and I am done. Really, the last transfer probably took all of three minutes of my time.

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 241 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I see plenty of shops selling for 20+ % margins. Adapt or die. People don’t use pay phones anymore, milkmen haven’t worked in years, TV repair shops are extinct, and the last encyclopedia salesman is probably contemplating suicide. I get it sucks cause it’s your livelihood but it happens to all industries. Going into retail is a risky proposition to start....expecting it to be career is even riskier. The fact is that the internet is the new gun store salesman and he’s more knowledgeable, more pleasant, and doesn’t smell like the dumpster behind the all you can eat onions buffet.

Also we had this discussion on a thread I started a few months back. Everyone shit on your point of view then. Not sure why you expected any different now. Despite what you may think about the trajectory of the gun industry the fact that some single mom can now buy a quality pistol for $300 by Shield is actually a good thing. Not having to forgo security for finance is a good thing.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The vast majority of transfers I have are for older models or discontinued guns or oddball guns not in stock and nobody willing to order.

Posts: 465 | Location: Pell City, AL. U.S. | Registered: December 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Man, I will probably put you into FULL cardiac arrest to know that my LGS doesn't charge me anything to do transfers.

That will surely drive you to be a clocktower sniper.

Haha. If your FFL carries ammo and accessories - I bet they are good at upselling the customers they are doing transfers for. That is where the margins are.

Yeah, they do. Plus, last year, I sent them 40+ people that purchased a Springfield XDS 9mm. They take pretty good care of me.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Man, I will probably put you into FULL cardiac arrest to know that my LGS doesn't charge me anything to do transfers.

That will surely drive you to be a clocktower sniper.

Steer customers their way and they will do that for you.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post