SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My autocorrect has been hacked.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My autocorrect has been hacked. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Keeps changing correctly spelled words to not even close correctly spelled words.

I dropped the letter off turned to I dropped the key off.
Kept trying to type Boars Head and it changed to Boars Dead no less than 5 times.
I then typed she was not amused and that became she was not a queer.

Not sure what is going on with autocorrect today.

And just now I typed autocoroct and there were no replacements found.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25405 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
At least it's not making it Whore's Bed.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Auto correct is great..... until it’s not.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
One of the guys at work caught me away from my desk (having not locked my PC before I left) and set up autocorrect in outlook to automatically change a coworker's name from "Steve" to "Lord of Darkness."

I had a heck of a time getting an email out properly!

About two minutes later, the prankster called me to help sort it out.

All in good fun.... Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Yep, autocorrect is your worse enema.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I just wish mine would stop correcting me with “ducking”.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I just wish mine would stop correcting me with “ducking”.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Russians.

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
To quote JAllen, "autocorrect is my worst enema"

If you Google it, you'll find a way to reset your autocorrect.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23200 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
“Yobo” is a term if endearment in the Korean language. It’s direct translation is “honey”, but you would never say this to a girlfriend or boyfriend. Only a husband or wife. No exceptions to that rule.

On an iPhone, you can change words to say other words. It’s called keyboard shortcuts. I changed “Yobo” to “asshole” and “love” to “hate” on my wife’s phone.

She was horrified after reading a few messages and me asking why she hates me so much.

I know. I’m going to hell. Maybe your wife pranked you?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Everybody complains about this. Is there no way to shut the damned thing off?

Posts: 27921 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Settings
General
Keyboard
Auto correction

Flip the switch so it is grayed out and off. Shortly after doing so, you’ll realize how useful it really is.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Are we talking iPhones? I don’t know how this shit works but I’m convinced there has been a bad update. I just wrote “shit” and it auto corrected to shot. Seems like it all happened at once a few months back. Perhaps it’s illiterate millennial programmers Big Grin

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Turn off Autocorrect, turn on Check Spelling, and Predictive.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Mine makes me say things I didn't Nintendo.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
Turn off Autocorrect, turn on Check Spelling, and Predictive.

You might have to search for spiel Czech.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post