SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If you're going to schedule something for a specific time, then be there at that time.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you're going to schedule something for a specific time, then be there at that time. Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted
I'm sitting on the couch waiting for FedEx to show up. The package I'm waiting on is coming adult signature required, so I have to be here. I got an email, a voicemail, and tracking info that all said it would be here before noon. It's now 12:17, and it's still not here. Tracking info says it's been on the truck since 8:00am.

I have other things to do today, where the hell are you FedEx? You had a 4 hour window, and you couldn't meet it. I was planning to go out to lunch with my wife, but here I sit held hostage by FedEx...and I know the second I leave he'll show up and say I wasn't here to take delivery Mad.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you have a FedEx hub or FedEx Kinkos nearby, you can make a FedEx account and simply reset each signature-required package to be held for pickup at the FedEx location instead. Then it's available to be picked up at your leisure, anytime after 8:00 am on the day of arrival.

I'm lucky enough to have both FedEx and UPS hubs within ~10 minutes of my house, since I live near the local cargo airport. No more waiting around all day for a delivery. I sign for and collect it when it fits my schedule, not theirs.

Yes, in a perfect world, FedEx would always be on time and you wouldn't have to drive yourself over to them to get your stuff. But it's unlikely to get any better, considering this has been an issue for many, many year, so setting it to be held for pickup is a way to minimize the inconvenience.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
UPS is about 20 minutes away, FedEx is at the airport almost an hour and a half away. But at this rate, it would have been simpler to just go pick it up.

Last time they brought something signature required, I waited around all day, and then the asshole flagged it undeliverable due to "access to porch obstructed". I was here all day. He never came. Access to porch/driveway/road was not obstructed in any way. If he pulls that crap again, FedEx is gonna get a really nasty phone call. It's now 12:34...4.5 hours into the hostage situation. Still no truck.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
FedEx Kinkos

Unless your shipment is ammunition, powder, primers or other "hazardous material." These locations won't accept it.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
FedEx Kinkos

Unless your shipment is ammunition, powder, primers or other "hazardous material." These locations won't accept it.

I've had ammo held for signature pickup at a FedEx Kinkos in the past. They didn't bat an eye.

But ammo isn't HazMat anyway. It's shipped as "LQ" ("Limited Quantities"; used to be called "ORM-D"), which is not subject to Hazardous Material shipping/handling requirements.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I just leave a signed note on the front door saying it's OK to leave it if I'm not there. Usually works. Wouldn't do it if I were expecting a new Rolex. Of course, if it's Adult Signature Required, it might not work.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've had ammo held for signature pickup at a FedEx Kinkos in the past.

They wouldn't for me. However, this was circa 2013 and things may have changed.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
These are the same clowns who allowed my 10 year-old to sign as an adult. The box contained my 226 being returned from Sig.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
I've had ammo held for signature pickup at a FedEx Kinkos in the past.

They wouldn't for me. However, this was circa 2013 and things may have changed.

I've picked up (a case of 5.56) here as well.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Did they ever show or are you still tied up hostage on the porch?? Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I thought you were going to be talking about guests to a dinner party.

Same response though.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am lucky. Ammo and gun stuff to two person office. They leave it and book. Most of the time it is labed ORMD. Your average UPS guy or Fedex do not know it is ammunition. I have had them ask repeatedly why the package is so heavy.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Did they ever show or are you still tied up hostage on the porch?? Smile

They finally came, at 2:45pm. The guy mumbled some apology about them being delayed due to weather in Memphis...which is probably BS since my package showed on the truck at 8:27AM, but at that point I was just happy to get my rifle and be done waiting around on him. When I opened the box to extract my new CMP Garand, it was definitely worth the wait...Fedex and their stupidity were promptly forgotten Big Grin.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Yeah, rumor has it that if you look at the clocks or watches of fedex, there are no hands.

Just the date. Only the date.

Close enough for FedEx.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post