SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Overly hyped /self important company names.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overly hyped /self important company names. Login/Join 
posted
It's pre coffee and I woke up with a headache. So grumpy has been determined to be my default mood for the day.

Companies that have words like Precision, Tactical ect. I get that you are trying to differentiate you from the common shop. I get part of that is to charge out the ass. However, nowadays every 3rd dick is tactical precision pecker whats its.

Just once i want to find a shop that is named sloppy seconds. A shop that specializes in 80%. It doesn't get you todays tactical precision 100% whizbang boomstick. It gets you a used last years redheaded stepchild boomstick for a burger and fry.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m always amused by the ones that tout “Qualified” service/staff/etc. You ever see something like plumbers or dentists say they’re unqualified?

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good point. I always worry about the ones that tell me right off the bat that they are liscensed, bonded and insured.

It always makes me wonder if they did all on their phone on the way over.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
A1 ________, Reliable ________, Accurate _______...

Fill in the blank. Reliable Towing because Smash'm Up Towing was already taken.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Then they claim to be the official (whatever) of Summer! Yay!

The owners daughter runs the show because the only person that would give her a job is someone from the immediate family.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
A1 ________, Reliable ________, Accurate _______...

I think some of the A1, AAA, etc is a relic of the old Yellow Page days when businesses wanted to be first in the category.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

The owners daughter runs the show because the only person that would give her a job is someone from the immediate family.
You have just described the small (family run) roofing company that replaced our roof at the beginning of this year.

Materials: Excellent!

Workmanship: Excellent!

Administrative stuff, coordination, communication, billing . . . I do not see how any of these could have been worse than they were.

We got a good roof at a great price, no extra charge for the aggravation.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
What irks me is "Solutions" and "Technologies" slapped on just about everything.

Used to be called smoke alarms. Now they are air contaminant technologies. Used to be pest controls. Now they are pest eradication solutions.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
"Superior" Like, Superior Water Co.
Is your water really that much better?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Master Barber". Some states have this professional license. My state doesn't. It implies that the person can do any and all haircuts without error. I am always skeptical. I feel it also implies that the rest of us are somehow second-class barbers.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2334 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
"Superior" Like, Superior Water Co.
Is your water really that much better?

I'd give Superior Water, Light and Power located in Superior, WI a pass on their name. The rest of them, not so much.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
From the truth in advertising files.

There was a repair shop in Island Park, NY called Last Stop Auto Repair.
Ironically, it was just across the road from the junkyard.

Smile

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
What irks me is "Solutions" and "Technologies" slapped on just about everything.

Used to be called smoke alarms. Now they are air contaminant technologies. Used to be pest controls. Now they are pest eradication solutions.

rule of 3

as in use 3 words when one will do

there was a running joke about the Star Trek series having to work on something,
the tool had 3 names, the part had 3 names and the problem sometimes had 3 names

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post