SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Wasps are the spawn of the devil!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wasps are the spawn of the devil! Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Get a couple of these. You'll be AMAZED at how many of those little fuckers the traps catch.

https://www.google.com/shoppin...HtO26eKWWxoCdiTw_wcB

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Being good neighbor Sam I got popped three times yesterday by the bastards cutting my little old neighbors hedges yesterday,both hands are swollen and a knot at my collar bone

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Get a couple of these. You'll be AMAZED at how many of those little fuckers the traps catch.

https://www.google.com/shoppin...HtO26eKWWxoCdiTw_wcB

Those do work well. I've got half a dozen of them hanging around here.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
My balcony seems to attract wasps like a magnet. The purple passionflower draws them in. Last year I was sharing the balcony with the wasps until I noticed that the nest was the size of a baseball. Zoiks! A big rainstorm came through one night so I took the opportunity to soak the nest with a squirt bottle. After that I used a bamboo pole to knock the nest down. Darkness and water are your best tools.

When I was a kid we would battle the wasps with squirt guns and badmitton raquettes. The terror was part of the fun.

Anyone have those giant asian wasps around?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Last year I was sharing the balcony with the wasps until I noticed that the nest was the size of a baseball. Zoiks!

I had one larger than that several years ago. I couldn't figure out where they all were coming from, and one day I happened to look up into the trees and saw it about 30 feet up hanging off a branch. The outside of it was just crawling with them.

It was too high to reach with the Raid so I called a pest expert who came out the next morning. He took a good long look at it, scratched his chin, then turned to me and asked, "You got a shotgun?"

"Yep", I replied.

He put two rounds of 6-shot into it and blew it to smithereens along with several thousand paper wasps.

I watched from inside the house.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
wasps are only assholes because bees push them out of the pollination game.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are assholes!!! When I was a kid I hopped on my moped leaving the swimming pool. Little bastard flew out from underneath my seat went up my swimming trunk leg and stung me in the right region of my nut sack!!! Worst pain ever!!!

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Down here we have those little bastards that build a nest underground . Some folks call them Ground Hornets .EXTREMELY aggressive and the sting hurts for several days . A couple of years ago I was mowing and got hit by three of them . When I went back with the wasp spray I got hit again . Took two days to locate the little hole they were going in and out of . Gasoline and a match did the trick .

Posts: 4048 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post