SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hippies, and what to do
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hippies, and what to do Login/Join 
posted
I am from Montana via Alaska via Montana via Oregon via Washington. Or any mix of that you can think up. I grew up with the subsistance movement as a way of life for some, as a crusade for others. I saw the difference early on between conservationists and eco thuggery. I learned quickly the difference between doing what you said and saying what other people should do.

My high school years were in Oregon, I spent years in Portland and Medford area. I moved to Seattle to start a family. so this meme speaks to me on a very fundamental level.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope that man never pays for a beer again

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While most would probably put me a lot closer to the aforementioned hippies than I want to be, ^ that is freaking awesome. I need to save that for future use.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure hippie is the right name for them.

If comparing them to the hippies of the late 60s, I think there is a huge difference. They may like that name, but what real similarities are there?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Not sure hippie is the right name for them.

If comparing them to the hippies of the late 60s, I think there is a huge difference. They may like that name, but what real similarities are there?

I get where you are coming from. I think for me it has to do with growing up in the greater Pacific Northwest and seeing, hearing and smelling all flavors of hippydom.

One case in point I had a hippy stop us at a stoplight by walking out in traffic while my light was green, just green though we were 3 or 4 cars back. He waited watching the light till it turned green and stepped in front of our van. I was in my work van he proceeded to spray dirty water on the windshield and wanted to charge me money to clean it off the shit-stained towel he had in his pocket. I threw my half bottle of Gatorade on the window and used the wipers and blasted the fucker with the horn as we left.

I was griping and grousing about this at the job site to another coworker who was there before me. The owner, his brother, and son came out of the house and asked what I was talking about. I was not looking at them and I said this mother f'n hippy at x street and x.

I turned around just in time to see they were all of the Sikh faith. Thinking I had really put my mouth into it, I quickly apologized.

The next 30 minutes were a long session about how they have a turban, every dang hippie wants to sell or buy weed from them. They knew and had run ins with this shitstain. The jackass had done the same to their cars on multiple occasions.

When you get a Sikh riled up enough to start a complaining session about hippiedom. You know there is something wrong.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I recall there's about an episode on King of the Hill about hippies and how to get rid of them.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I recall there's about an episode on King of the Hill about hippies and how to get rid of them.

I’m thinking of the Southpark episode like that.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
There is only one thing to do with hippies,

target practice

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
What's yellow and orange and looks good on hippies?

Fire.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

If I recall to get rid of hippies you blast death metal music, it harshes their mellow or something.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post