SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    TV show The Voice has gone into the dumpster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV show The Voice has gone into the dumpster Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Rather liked this during the earlier seasons. Blake Sheldon and some of the other judges made it fun.

Now it seems to be a contestant you have to be either a LBGQT-whatever or an outright wackjob. Show has added itself the queue of Hollyweird crappola. BYE!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a show about Sinatra.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Same with Dancing with the C-Listers.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Add to that John Legend is a "Defund the police" and "Bail out the peaceful protestors" idiot. Another reason NOT to watch.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Add to that John Legend is a "Defund the police" and "Bail out the peaceful protestors" idiot. Another reason NOT to watch.

Getting rid of Legend would be a good start for sure. I'll still watch it though. If Kelly and Blake left, that would be the end for me. They got their 2 token gays off the list in the first episode so maybe that will be enough.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Voice

The View

The Real

"The" in general has turned into a bad word. Big Grin

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Its fol1owing the same formula it always has. There have been wierdo's since season one. Thats the premise of the show. have a good voice and nothing else matters.

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
These types of shows I have never understood. The Masked singer, I mean I thought it was a practical joke when I heard about it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Try the Russian version, much more real.

We watch it every Friday......

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
These types of shows I have never understood. The Masked singer, I mean I thought it was a practical joke when I heard about it.

The last "reality show" I got a glimpse of was Fear Factor, and I that was a rare view. But I guess these talent shows are different, never seen one. I understand networks love these shows because of the lower costs compared to sitcoms and dramatic series.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
The Voice

The View

The Real

"The" in general has turned into a bad word. Big Grin

You forforgot the most important one: THE TV.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

The last "reality show" I got a glimpse of was Fear Factor, and I that was a rare view. But I guess these talent shows are different, never seen one. I understand networks love these shows because of the lower costs compared to sitcoms and dramatic series.

I halfway liked Fear Factor. It was amazing what people would do for money. However I refuse to watch any “reality shows” now. The original Survivor and FF was it for me. I don’t care how cheap a network can make them.

If that is the future of TV, I am gone.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I miss Top Shot.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
I miss Top Shot.

I do too. It was a little hokey but still fun to watch.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Crimp
posted Hide Post
I get stressed now and then with my diminished hearing. It's so bad, the sound from a TV is sometimes painful to listen to, so I have drifted away from watching anything on the idiot box. When I read about the crappy content of some of these shows I've never even heard of, it makes me realize this handicap is one of my blessings.

--Montani Semper Liberi--

Posts: 785 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Fox News is reporting that John Legend says he and his wife would probably move to another country if Trump wins. Another excellent reason to vote for The Donald. That would be a huge improvement to the show. Smile

Jim

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just once I'd like to see one of these flaming mental midget leftist entertainment luminaries ACTUALLY do what they say and LEAVE the country!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Just once I'd like to see one of these flaming mental midget leftist entertainment luminaries ACTUALLY do what they say and LEAVE the country!

Never going to happen. It's all talk and no game with those idiots.

Jim