SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Entitlement of creepy hunters, Va Diary year 4
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Entitlement of creepy hunters, Va Diary year 4 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
they have threatened to citizens arrest him or me on our property

With apologies, and at the risk of thread drift: just how does Average JoeBob think he'd accomplish that? Come and handcuff you and cart you off to jail? I'm not sure I understand. I can picture this not going well at all.

I assume some attempt to hold you at gun or weapon point till sheriff arrives. Which in this county would not fly. Almost 0 tolerance for pulling a weapon without life threating circumstances.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Oooh, I see that going really badly.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I hate hunting in eastern Virginia is the hunt clubs with dogs that think they have the right to run dogs across private property and chase every game animal to the slob hunter waiting at the end. This was particularly acute on Gloucester County when some of the rural areas started to develop. The hunters there simply disregarded the private property of others and literally hunted in new neighborhoods.

In Caroline County I used to hunt turkeys in the spring on 1650 acres of private land. Stray old hunting dogs used to respond to our calls. At noon when we had to stop turkey hunting, we headed to the trailer and got our .30-06s and killed many of these stray, mangy dogs that forms packs. We did everything in the woods a favor.

Dog hunting is already banned west of the Blue Ridge. I think it's time to ban it east of the Blue Ridge.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
One of the reasons I hate hunting in eastern Virginia is the hunt clubs with dogs that think they have the right to run dogs across private property and chase every game animal to the slob hunter waiting at the end. This was particularly acute on Gloucester County when some of the rural areas started to develop. The hunters there simply disregarded the private property of others and literally hunted in new neighborhoods.

In Caroline County I used to hunt turkeys in the spring on 1650 acres of private land. Stray old hunting dogs used to respond to our calls. At noon when we had to stop turkey hunting, we headed to the trailer and got our .30-06s and killed many of these stray, mangy dogs that forms packs. We did everything in the woods a favor.

Dog hunting is already banned west of the Blue Ridge. I think it's time to ban it east of the Blue Ridge.

I hear ya. Just about january 7! The woods will be awash of "magically escaped dogs" the pounds will be full of them.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Here in Georgia you must obtain permission.
There is a dog hunting club literally up the street from me and I get the errant dog from time to time.
I just leash it up, toss it in the back of the truck and drive it back to the clubhouse.
Usually they're apologetic.
And they know of my stern warning about my chicken flock.

Around here if dogs kill a chicken, the dog usually gets killed.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DSGrouse:

I'm sorry about your troubles, brother. When someone trespasses on your property, it's a personal violation.

It's a damned shame when we have to worry more about the dogs' rights that the landowner's.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
they have threatened to citizens arrest him or me on our property

With apologies, and at the risk of thread drift: just how does Average JoeBob think he'd accomplish that? Come and handcuff you and cart you off to jail? I'm not sure I understand. I can picture this not going well at all.

I assume some attempt to hold you at gun or weapon point till sheriff arrives. Which in this county would not fly. Almost 0 tolerance for pulling a weapon without life threating circumstances.

Here in Florida, trespassing with a firearm is a felony.

My understanding in Eastern Virginia is the dog owners cannot be armed on the private property they do not have permission to hunt on while retreiving their stray dogs. I don't see them showing up armed on your property going well for them either.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post