SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People Who Make Turns At 45 Degrees And Not 90 Degrees Like You Are Supposed To
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People Who Make Turns At 45 Degrees And Not 90 Degrees Like You Are Supposed To Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
WTF is up with this crap? I see it more and more EVERY DAMN DAY!

I'm sitting at a stop sign or a red light and people making a left turn come at me at 45 degrees and almost taking the front end of my car off! Why can't you make a proper full 90 degree turn you lazy sons of bitches! Mad

Posts: 33605 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Steering is hard

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Gotta hit that apex, bro!

In all seriousness, it does annoy me as well when they get unnecessarily close for no reason.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't that require slowing down and perhaps using two hands on the wheel?

How am I supposed to text my homies that I'm running late after pickin' up my baby momma?

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
gotta have one of these if you want to make 90 degree turns.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more!!!

And it seems like the further back you stop the more these mouth breathers encroach into the lane so that their 45 degree turn comes closer to 30 degrees or less.

I swear there are days I wish I was driving a logging truck and just pull that big diesel bitch as far forward into the intersection as possible and force these MF'ers to execute a 90 degree turn. As was said prior, I bet half or more couldn't do it they're so occupied with texting and eating and reading and shaving and applying make-up and God know what else.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

Like no one else! Wink

Too bad both of my eyeballs would be flattened in the same socket and all of my change would be stuck to the door panel...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
I witnessed a woman hit both cars in each adjacent parking space while entering a spot at a local store. The two crash sounds were almost simultaneous. I have seen a lot of stupid driving, but that was amazing. Reluctantly, I approached her regarding the lack of parking skills. She didn't smell of alcohol. Woman said she would leave a note on the cars to take care of the damage. Hung out in the parking lot after I was done grocery shopping. Left a note with her license plate on each car after she hopped in her car and took off like nothing happened....

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I call them "corner cutters" and it's sloppy driving, as well as reckless and dangerous.

Pisses me off. Been within inches of being hit many times.

I was taught to "square my corners when turning".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OKCGene,

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was sitting at a red light and a semi rig made a right turn and missed my left side by about 3 inches.
Desperately needed delivery, I guess! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Probably just trying to keep the "inchers" at bay. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I was executing a 90 turn into the supermarket one day and some gal actually tried to turn inside me. My 90 faked her out, I guess. It was fortunate we didn't collide.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kills me is when the 45 degree corner-cutter looks at me and gives me the stink-eye like I'm encroaching on their space Roll Eyes

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

A demonstration. Smile

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Agreed with the OP.
Also not a fan of those that need to come to a nearly complete stop to turn. The smaller the vehicle the more irritating it is.

To these people I must turn my mid-sized truck as if it were a slot car.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Any time I see someone cutting the end of my lane as I approach, I ride closer to the lane divider and freak them out to where they invariable have to make an extreme course correction to "keep from getting hit". I would never hit anyone of course, but they don't know I won't. I imagine it makes them think twice the next time.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
That reminds me, I see this often enough.

I'm on a street and start to turn into a parking lot. Those lazy bastards have come into the entry/exit area of the parking area, with the intent to exit it and go onto the road, but the fools have come up at enough angle that now I can't pull in, thus leaving me hanging out in the road and worried about getting my ass rear ended.

I'm going to buy a new pickup truck next year and I swear I'm going to get a truck/train air horn installed so I can wake them up!

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Agreed with the OP.
Also not a fan of those that need to come to a nearly complete stop to turn. The smaller the vehicle the more irritating it is.

To these people I must turn my mid-sized truck as if it were a slot car.

Add in to these, the Corolla/Civic-sized cars that swing out before turning in, like it's got a 40' trainler behind it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An honorable mention for stupidity goes to those walking & taking a 45 degree exiting a store, strolling to their vehicle that is three or four lanes distant! The straight line rule applies.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Assuming absence of left turn arrows, to many drivers don't even move into the intersection on a green light. They wait behind the stop line, backing up vehicles behind. Moving into the intersection allows for a '90 degree turn' for at least one vehicle. When the light turns red, they quickly make their turn (in the face of the oncoming traffic) from behind the stop line (which is a violation). That's where I see the '45 degree left turns'.

This prevents traffic behind from making their left turn which frustrates the drivers behind and encourages more red light violations. The rule in northern AZ is don't enter the intersection on a green light for 2-3 seconds to avoid these drivers.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post