SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Truck broken in to, pistol stolen...I'm mad at myself
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truck broken in to, pistol stolen...I'm mad at myself Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've spent a degree of time in hospitals not as a patient, and my mother worked in one of the larger suburban hospitals in the area.

From what I've seen: "Hospital security" is an oxymoron.

(From what I've read on various & sundry tech. mailing lists: The same applies to their "IT security.")

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
This is exactly why I use a gun vault and refuse to leave my cars parked at an airport. I’ll pay a shuttle, uber or a taxi.

Happened to me at my gym. Thieves busted into 6-7 cars/trucks in broad daylight. One guy was fuming, had his pistol in the center console, stolen. I demanded they dust for prints due to the amount of cars broken into. Took some haggling but they sent a crew. I told the interviewing officer the mf’ers were lucky I didn’t catch them in the act. He then asked me if I was carrying and when I said yes he asked I lock in in the hatch. I hate fucking thieves.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's like that adage about riding motorcycles and there being two kinds of riders...

There's no such place where things don't get stolen if left unsecured, it just hasn't happened yet if you've gotten away with it thus far.

Lock yer stuff up, always.

Sorry your shit got stolen. I despise thieves.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just like our health, our security is the last thing hospital admistrations care about.

The joke here is when a difficult patient arrives to admit them to Administration. The major thing on the minds of Administration is money and their salaries. I concur they could care less but they cannot run the hosptial without doctors. Sadly many of the doctors sold out after Katrina and they have to march to their tune.

The trauma unit at Cook County where the top notch trauma residents train has pretty good security if I recall correctly.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

...The trauma unit at Cook County where the top notch trauma residents train has pretty good security if I recall correctly.

What about the staff parking lot?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about the staff parking lot?

DK. I guess LEO from Chicago would know.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post