SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My on line order might be a scam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My on line order might be a scam Login/Join 
posted
I ordered some trail shoes last week for a good price;$21. Coming from overseas. Name of on line business is genuineoutlet.com. Anyone go through this and it might take months to come in. Plus a new transaction fee came in today on my credit card, .77cents( no big deal on that). The website has no ph. # to call and the email order reply had no name on it but store owner.
What are your opinions and have you done this?
Thanks

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I have no idea whether that website is legit or not, but I kind of doubt it. There are a whole lot of red flags there.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Did a quick search.
Several red flags.

Lack of reviews, and any reviews look as if they were either years ago, (10 years Internet time is equal to a century sidereal time) or "fabrications".

Secind, is the name comes up for "available to buy" and also has "affiliate" gig listings.

I would have the transaction reversed and have a new card issued.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What the wise monkey said.

The 77 cent transaction sounds like a test run, to see if the card is valid. Once that is confirmed by the miscreant, S/He (ze?) might try some major charges.

If it were my card, I would immediately notify the card issuer and discuss potential fraud.

Bad enough if it's a credit card, but if it's a debit card, you're way better off stopping things before they happen.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
What the wise monkey said.

The 77 cent transaction sounds like a test run, to see if the card is valid. Once that is confirmed by the miscreant, S/He (ze?) might try some major charges.

If it were my card, I would immediately notify the card issuer and discuss potential fraud.

Bad enough if it's a credit card, but if it's a debit card, you're way better off stopping things before they happen.

Yeah, if you don't recognize it, flag the transaction. And this isn't to say the website you ordered from isn't legit. It just might take a couple of months for you to get your order.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Or, the transaction fee could be a foreign transaction fee on the $21. Are you sure you paid in USD?

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I'd say your credit card issuer would potentially have more info on these 'merchants'. Whether they are bad news or not, your CC people may have already heard of them.

Call 'em.

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
The 77 cent sounds like a trial run. I would do like others said cancel the transaction and card. Then research them a little further. However according to the research others have already done they do sound like a scam.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post