SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Beagles and hounds are cute, but they're not great "neighborhood" dogs.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beagles and hounds are cute, but they're not great "neighborhood" dogs. Login/Join 
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
I live on a lake and there is a homeowner on the other side with a beagle. Sound travels very well over water and if the wind is right he sounds like he is right next door. They usually keep him inside so it's an infrequent issue and is easily fixed by closing the windows. What we hear more of is the coyotes in the woods howling at feral cats or tree'd 'possums.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I love the girl next door to my old house who had a beautiful 80lb coonhound that was locked in her first floor apartment all day getting zero exercise and howling. What a shitty life for a fine sporting dog who's sole existence was to look good on instagram posts.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
easily fixed by closing the windows.

I'm SO looking forward to Spring -- a chance to open the windows some and air this house out.

That will be severely limited by the Hound-o-matic two doors down. Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post