SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tuft and Needle Changed Their Product
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tuft and Needle Changed Their Product Login/Join 
posted
I have commented on a few threads about being really happy with my T&N mattress, which I was, until recently...

Back in August, I noticed a "soft spot" in the bed and, although not the end of the world I wrote T&N about it. They asked for some pics and to my surprise shipped me a new mattress no questions asked...My first thought was "what amazing customer service".

They told me to donate or trash the old mattress which I did and set up the new one. I knew it felt a little different but was giving it some time but my wife, who has had back issues, noticed right away and began complaining saying it was different than the first one and was lighter/not as thick. Like a good husband I ignored her complaints figuring they would go away with time, nope!

I finally gave in and first measured the thickness in numerous places and what was supposed to be 10" is thinner by almost an inch in some spots. I also noticed that instead of being "squared off" on sides and corners it is very rounded which would account for our sheets pulling off every night.

Next step was to email T&N. Kind of thinking I was crazy, I asked them if they had changed the construction in the past 2 years and to my surprise they said yes, about 2 months ago "but that shouldn't affect you sleep".

So now I have sent them pics and I am beyond pissed as I would have gladly kept first mattress had I know it was not the same bed...I am not sure what, if anything, they can do but I do not have the extra money to buy a new bed right now.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
have them refund your money and use it to buy something else...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
have them refund your money and use it to buy something else...

At this point I would either take a refund or I will pay the difference to upgrade to their mint mattress.

What's interesting is the timing of their change in construction coincides with the merge with Seally/Serta so I am suspecting manufacturing has been outsourced

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Thats what generally happens, Samsonite bought Hartmann luggage. Hartmann was a top tier company with manufacturing and offices located in Tennessee, now it's all closed and overseas.

Shame too, it was good stuff, might still be, but it's no longer USA Made...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post