SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bill Goodman show in Sharonville. Grrr.......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Goodman show in Sharonville. Grrr....... Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Ever since joining OGCA, I have little use for the Goodman shows.

However, I found the entire family out of town this weekend, so I thought "what the hell"?

First of all, one of the few redeeming benefits of the show is that the admission use to be $8.00. I always got a crisp $2.00 bill whenever I went to that show. I would always give the $2.00 bill to my Son. I am ashamed to say, he has quite a collection of $2.00 bills, from all the shows I went to over the years.

Today I go and the admission is $10.00. Seriously? WTF?

Sorry Son, no more $2.00 bills for you.

I pay the $10.00 and go inside. It was pretty packed. I am thinking "hey, maybe I will find a diamond in the rough.

No, not so much. There were at least a dozen booths that had fidget spinners. Really? I did not come to a gun show, to buy a GD fidget spinner.

None of the dealers had what I consider any bargains.

.38 Super ammo was premium priced.

Damn it, I am becoming a grumpy old man.

Anyone else hit the show?

I do not plan top return anytime soon.

Rant off.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
Bill Goodman Gun Shows... Stab a buddy, shoot a friend...

I don't go anymore.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Can't get there from here. They closed the Interstate bridge for 60 days. The other 2 bridges were blocked for today so they could have a street fair/drinking deal. If that wasn't bad enough, the gay's had their pride march. I guess I could do the 45 mile tour around the 275 loop, but why?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I work around the corner from the show, not wasting my time. Need to join OGCA.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to a Sharonville show when it was still $8.
Was not great show, but a long way to drive for that, live closer to Toledo, than that.
The last Goodman show was the Dayton, it was awful and not worth half the price. Terrible location too.
What was worse, after getting out of the show, I got t boned in an intersection about 2 blocks from the place. The guy asked if I was ok and I said yes, I will call the police and he drove off.

Not going to another goodman show.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aquabird, you must have been at Hara Arena. Really crappy venue. For any event. I quit the Goodman shows years ago. The OCGA shows in Columbus were great.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
We used to go to the Sharonville show. I had hopes of finding a Winchester 63 for a reasonable price. That never happened so we quit going years ago. I still have my Dad's old Winchester 03, the 63s predecessor.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The next OGCA show in Wilmington is July 15th I think. You only need 2 sponsors to join. I can't pull anything out of my foggy memory, but sometimes mid-summer shows aren't huge. P220 has just joined I think.

Some rules to consider. Get there early or be prepared to park to the west in the cornfield. Its a huge show and if it fills the building, you might not be able to walk the entire thing. Wear comfortable shoes. There is no waiting line to get inside if you're not carrying a gun. Its unlike the large commercial shows. Here everyone is a member or guest. Getting a guest badge can be time consuming depending on when you get there.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the Dayton show is horrible.
I have been to the OGCA show before.

I love the Indy show, but it is quite a drive.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, total waste of time and never any deals. Just dealers jacking up prices preying on the naive. And don't ever trust that old dude who sharpens knives.. he's been at every gun show I've been to there since I was a kid and I'm in my 30s.. I had him sharpen my brand spanking new spyderco and he ground the shit out of it and left the last half inch or so towards the back of the blade un touched.
Took me 2 hours with a super fine needle file and sharpening stone to fix it

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post