SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A cancer rant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A cancer rant Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Mother FUCKING cancer. This is a note from my mom regarding my 65 year old aunt. A nurse, a saint, the kindest, gentlest and most giving person I know.

“Jeanine had a brain MRI last night and met with Dr. Laude this morning.

She did not get the prognosis yet because she was just not ready to hear it.

It is stage 4 lung cancer. Is in both lungs and lymph nodes. She's been having headaches which is why she had the brain MRI. There are three spots in her brain as well... but they are not looking into that yet. Jeanine said she hopes those are just moles.

She was crying so hard when I spoke with her that I just grabbed what info I could and am passing it along to you. Please pray for her.

This cancer is new. It is not from her previous bout of breast cancer. She just sent me a text stating that it is inoperable.

Jeanine thru tears asked me to contact her daughter and her sister, Jackie. I did that and it was awful. What a horrible horrible day.”

I’m just fucking done.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this. Good thoughts for you and your family.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
So sorry, cancer is such a horrible thing.
Prayers,
Spunk

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
my Dad has it...66 yo with renal cell. It's not good. My MIL just had a breast lumpectomy yesterday... much better prognosis for her.

It is a hellish disease. Dad has had a kidney and a large lobe of his lung out in the last 2 years and gone through a round of immunotherapy that didn't touch it. Now doing chemo/immuno. Running out of options.

Prayers for your aunt and prayers that we can find a cure for this thing sometime soon.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry to hear that. We all have similar sad stories to tell about many in our families. Cancer is a horrible disease that seems to pick on the best folks you know. My prayers are with you.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to read this. Yes... cancer sucks. Have a similar story as well, and wish you and the family all my best with the time you have.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1991 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this. We will be praying for your aunt.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
No question, I'll add Jeanie to my prayer log. Cancer is despicable and has taken so many good people, even animals..it just sickens me. I wish I had the power to eradicate it from the face of the earth. Mad

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your aunt. Stay strong.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Cancer sucks. Have a recent similar story. Prayers for your aunt.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Cancer is so freaking horrible. I am very sorry to hear about your aunt and pray for her. My mom was just given less than 6 months to live for Leukemia and is now taking a pill treatment. I had to move in with her to take care of her as she is extremely weak and I have to drain her chest cavity on a daily basis from a catheter installed. I hate seeing my mom go through this. I also hate what I have seen anyone who has cancer go through. Cancer can go to hell!!!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post