SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My dentist dropped me as a patient
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My dentist dropped me as a patient Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ I'm not telling him to write any colorful comments. Just the facts. Unprofessional behavior deserves to be made aware of for potential customers. When I write my yelp! reviews, I only state facts. And if the business was great, it deserves a return. If not, then no.

ETA: I write all this with the ASSumption that the OP story is 100% true, and that he was not at fault in any ways. Wink

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stories like this cause people to become anti-dentites!

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new Dentist's office help told me that if I did not confirm 24 hours ahead, they may give away my slot. They double book because they have patients that don't show up. I told them not my problem. They need to charge people that fail to show up.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tankeryanker:

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tankeryanker:

Dentists cause people to become anti-dentites. Stories like these are just good reading. My last dentist, of something like 20 years, retired to Florida. He was an actual nice guy, took an interest in his patients lives, small talk, good with kids. The fella that bought the practice sent out notices that all patients that didn't make appointments would be dropped after 60 days. I am now in search of a dentist.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by 41: I go to a different dentist several years later and he fills the voids with plastic which drops off several years later.

Were these "voids" right along the gumline?

The front face of the tooth had worn away and I later read that the fillings would not last due to the temperature change and gold fillings were the only way to go for the long term. The teeth are broken off at the gun line and the root is still there.

The first dentist that did the damage is no longer listed so I assume he has retired.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Burn the office down.

Check out the dentist scene in "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri."

I hate dentists.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
if I had to drive 45 minutes away and take a vacation day i would have called the day before to verify the appointment and services. But that's me.

I would rather have it half done than nothing. Sometimes being gracious and acomidating can have a positive effect. he may have worked something out or discounted your work. But you will never know now.

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
As has been said- life is too short. Move on.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5303 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being a doctor of any kind is so ego-driven. I have a friend who is a very successful orthopedic surgeon, a great guy, but don't try to debate him on anything, even when you know more about the topic. They're so accustomed to having office employees bow, kneel, sit, pirouette, bend over, whatever...to their every command that they expect patients to do the same.

I view the whole doctor/patient arrangement differently. I'm not lucky to have my dentist; my dentist is lucky to have me. No patients, no high-paying lifestyle. That factors in, too. My ophthalmologist, who is brilliant, told me that she became an eye doctor mainly because she could see more patients. More patients, more money.

That's why I think the advice you're being given to truthfully tell others of your negative experience in an online review may prevent this man from mistreating other patients. The only thing he will obviously understand is a lighter wallet caused by his own arrogance.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fella that bought the practice sent out notices that all patients that didn't make appointments would be dropped after 60 days.

Buy a business and throw away a large part of your customer base? Brilliant.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The newsletters turned me onto some of the deceptive practices by the dentists that require seeing them ever six months which may not be required in most cases.

It is important to floss your teeth in addition to a good brushing. I also use a tooth paste with Grapefruit Seed Extract which kills the germs in your mouth. There are also some tooth pastes that are too abrasive that will wear the enamel off your teeth.

https://www.vitacost.com/nutri...ental-gel-peppermint

You can also find it at the vitamin Shoppe:

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/...l-4-5-oz-gel/nq-2007

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
The newsletters turned me onto some of the deceptive practices by the dentists that require seeing them ever six months which may not be required in most cases.

You certainly seem to have bad luck choosing dentists.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post