https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5250033534

December 29, 2017, 02:29 PM
Lord Vaalic
My dentist dropped me as a patient
Burn the office down.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
December 29, 2017, 02:36 PM
arfmel
You were wise to refuse to let the old goat work on you when he was pissed off.
December 29, 2017, 02:53 PM
ChicagoSigMan
Dentists are a dime a dozen these days. They are damn near commodities now.
Find one that actually treats you as a paying customer.
December 29, 2017, 02:59 PM
bryan11
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Leave a s*** review on every site available.

^^Agreed. It's best to warn others of this type of behavior.
December 29, 2017, 04:09 PM
I had a dentist that was very pushy and wanted me to come in ever 6 months plus always getting an X-ray. I refused the x-ray since he had older equipment and my teeth were some of the best according to my dentist in Santa Barbara.

The next time I am in there, the dental technician ground the enamel off the top front and left side. I go to a different dentist several years later and he fills the voids with plastic which drops off several years later. He says I am drinking too many soft drinks and have acid erosion. So I ask him why it is only the front and left side and why not the bottom teeth which are perfect?? He had no answer and had the look of a deer blinded by headlights. Big Grin

Since then, the teeth have eroded further and three have broken off. Too bad the dentist is still not around or I would be looking at legal action.

December 29, 2017, 04:17 PM
MNSIG
quote:
Originally posted by 41: I go to a different dentist several years later and he fills the voids with plastic which drops off several years later.

Were these "voids" right along the gumline?
December 29, 2017, 05:02 PM
Leemur
I had a crap dentist about 25 years ago. She was too busy talking to everyone to pay attention to what she was doing. My mouth was starting to look like Wolverine was doing the work. I finally grabbed her hand and pulled it away, sat up and started to walk out. She chased after me into the waiting area demanding payment. We almost got into a fight. I told her if she wanted to call the police go ahead, I’d wait out in my car. She decided it “wasn’t necessary as long as you leave and never come back!” Yeah, I was dying to let her shred my tongue, gum and lips again. Roll Eyes One person in the waiting room left too. I was spitting blood for an hour like I’d been in a fight.
December 29, 2017, 05:30 PM
Sailor1911
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Burn the office down.

Bit of a leap from "leave a shit review" don't ya think?

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
December 29, 2017, 05:45 PM
KMitch200
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:
Burn the office down.

May not want to do both. You know, motive and other legal stuff.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
December 29, 2017, 06:20 PM
mikeyspizza
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Leave a shit review on every site available.

And their Facebook page, if they have one.
December 29, 2017, 06:38 PM
V-Tail
I have fired a couple of dentists. One, because an hour of sitting on my tuchas in the waiting room was not acceptable. Not the first time, and certainly not the second time. My file was on the receptionists desk. I reached through the window, picked it up, and took it with me when I left.

The receptionist yelled at me that I could not do that.

I said, "I just did. You have a problem with that? Call a cop." I left.
Second dentist I fired was just because of his smug, arrogant, attitude. After the fact, I wondered if it was just me, but when I told my wife about it, she agreed and she decided not to go back there either. My wife has been called a saint. Maybe a tiny bit of an exaggeration, but she is very patient with people, empathetic, always seems to understand, is willing to give some slack, but she also thought that this dentist was an arrogant asshole and did not deserve our money.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
December 29, 2017, 06:45 PM
MNSIG
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail: My file was on the receptionists desk. I reached through the window, picked it up, and took it with me when I left.

Actually, they could have. While you are entitled to copies of the information in your record, the physical chart is their property.
December 29, 2017, 07:09 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail: My file was on the receptionists desk. I reached through the window, picked it up, and took it with me when I left.

Actually, they could have. While you are entitled to copies of the information in your record, the physical chart is their property.
Jurisdiction dependent? Or is that true everywhere?

My logic (or lack thereof): I paid for the previous work that was documented in the file, it's my information, and since I'm firing them, I don't want them to have any of my information. It wasn't so much getting the file for myself, it was more denying it to them.

I was so angry at being kept waiting more than an hour past my appointed time, for the second time that I just took my file and left. Maybe it was wrong, but I wanted to send a message.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
December 29, 2017, 07:16 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:
Burn the office down.

God bless America.
December 29, 2017, 07:23 PM
MNSIG
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Jurisdiction dependent? Or is that true everywhere?

My logic (or lack thereof): I paid for the previous work that was documented in the file, it's my information, and since I'm firing them, I don't want them to have any of my information. It wasn't so much getting the file for myself, it was more denying it to them.[/QUOTE]

I suppose it could vary by state, but I kind of doubt it.

In MN, the practitioner is required by law to maintain records of the procedures he performed, so the physical chart must remain in his control. It's kind of a moot point now with charting being electronic. Obviously, you can't grab the office computer server and walk out with it.

To give you an example in your world: If a student was unhappy with your flight instruction, he can't go and cut out the entries in your logbook just because he paid you for the time.
December 29, 2017, 07:26 PM
If that's the way the practice is run, there are no reasons to stick with them. Find another practice. Yeah, write them up in Yelp!.

Q

December 29, 2017, 07:36 PM
ZSMICHAEL
I may be in the minority here, but there comes a time when you just need to move on. I have a real problem with patients posting in social media as retribution. Admittedly some of the comments are entertaining, but it places the dentist or doctor in a difficult situation as they cannot usually respond due to privacy concerns. I have encountered plenty of rude physicians and dentists.

My main concern is with quality of the services delivered. Personality is secondary. I have physician friends who could sell used cars and patients love them, but their clinical skills are horrible. Admittedly in this situation I would have found another dentist.
December 29, 2017, 07:44 PM
a1abdj
quote:
I may be in the minority here, but there comes a time when you just need to move on. I have a real problem with patients posting in social media as retribution.

You're not alone. Not saying what happened to the OP was "right", but that doesn't mean that retribution is necessary.

But on this topic, some of you may be on to something. Perhaps somebody needs to start a review site for us business owner to list all of the pain in the ass customers. That way other businesses can do a bit of research before accepting work from those who are perpetually pissed at the world and have nothing better to do than to leave bad reviews all over the internet. You know, a two way street. Wink

www.zykansafe.com
December 29, 2017, 07:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I may be in the minority here, but there comes a time when you just need to move on. I have a real problem with patients posting in social media as retribution. Admittedly some of the comments are entertaining, but it places the dentist or doctor in a difficult situation as they cannot usually respond due to privacy concerns. I have encountered plenty of rude physicians and dentists.

My main concern is with quality of the services delivered. Personality is secondary. I have physician friends who could sell used cars and patients love them, but their clinical skills are horrible. Admittedly in this situation I would have found another dentist.

I don't think writing them up in yelp! is out of the question. Not retribution. It's helpful for potential patients. No different from a restaurant review, imo.

Q

December 29, 2017, 07:59 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
I don't think writing them up in yelp! is out of the question. Not retribution. It's helpful for potential patients. No different from a restaurant review, imo.

I respectfully disagree. There is a reason newspapers have to be careful of publishing things without research. The typical comments on social media are not vetted at all. I read one that stated that the doctor had dead dogs and used syringes in his office. I know the guy and this is totally bogus. He has had no success in getting it removed. The comments I have read are not in the spirit of helping other patients as Q would suggest, but are generally vindictive.